Mobileread
Critique my first audiobook recording?
#11  BookCat 01-09-2020, 07:41 PM
Quote Uncle Robin
I do, or more specifically, to recordings made with the intent of triggering asmr. The previous respondent's comment that they are used to asmr recordings made me wonder if that might be why I dislike audiobooks so intensely. Every time I listen to/watch recordings made to give an asmr effect, it's like chalk scraped across a chalkboard for me, I can't stand more thana few seconds' worth. If many audiobooks ae made with the itnent of triggering asmr, the reason for my aversion is clear.
Get ready for the chalk scraped down the blackboard. This is an example of an asmr reading, done by me years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zTk9CBL4cU

It's intended to send you to sleep, or at least help you to unwind.

#12  Uncle Robin 01-09-2020, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the offer, but since I'm not the sort who tests to see if the paint really IS wet, and because asmr makes me feel physically and mentally sick, I'll pass

#13  BookCat 01-11-2020, 06:47 PM
Quote Uncle Robin
Thanks for the offer, but since I'm not the sort who tests to see if the paint really IS wet, and because asmr makes me feel physically and mentally sick, I'll pass

Sorry!

#14  Dr. Drib 01-26-2020, 09:21 AM
Nothing to see here, anymore.

The link's a 404 and his supposed need for opinions a drive-by and his contribution nil.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register