Mobileread
Book Creation Tutorials
#21  HarryT 02-05-2008, 10:20 AM
You could obviously indicate series order in the book's title. I don't believe the Kindle has any direct equivalent of the Sony's collections.

#22  Abraxus 06-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Hey all -

I'll ask this question here as this is the tutorial thread for BD... if I need to ask elsewhere, please let me know.

In using the guide at the beginning of this thread (thanks, HarryT!), I'm finding that I am unable to create a 'page break' in my BD file.

I use the 'create page break after selection' icon (after placing my cursor where I want the break), and I get an error 'beep.' If I select any text and try the same button, I get a message window that says 'page break can be inserted only after elements selected in the "one-click" element selector" mode.'

What am I doing wrong? I am in the 'editor' mode of BD, and everything else seems to work ok.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

#23  Abraxus 06-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Well, I just figured it out (of course, right after I get done with my question!).

For those that have had a similar issue, you need to click the mouse icon on the Corrector panel (top left icon). That gets you into 'one-click selector mode.'

Then, select a line-break (or whatever) and you can then choose the page-break button.

I think that BD must be a different version than what is referenced in HarryT's tutorial, as this and some of the other buttons were in different places, just FYI.

#24  HarryT 06-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Yes, my tutorial illustrates a slightly older version of BD than the current one.

#25  DickyCheung22 10-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Very nice. Thanks!

#26  crutledge 10-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Harry,
How do I remove/delete page break?

Charlie

#27  Patricia 10-16-2008, 05:11 PM
select
format/moretransformations/remove all page breaks.

#28  HarryT 10-17-2008, 03:07 AM
A page break is shown in BD as a line across the page. Simply delete it, as you would any other text. You wouldn't normally want to remove ALL the page breaks, since you generally want a page break at the start of each chapter.

#29  crutledge 10-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Thanks to Patricia and Harry!

I must not have some elective enabled. When I click on the Page Break little boxes appear around it showing it to be selected. Neither the del key or the big X in the Corrector have any effect.

Patricia's answer worked, and I then selected Insert All Page Breaks and every thing came out fine.

Great tool!!

Charlie

#30  astra 10-20-2008, 01:35 PM
How do I remove empty spaces between paragraphs?
I just got a book which has empty paragraph after every paragraph. It drives me nuts!

P.S. found it

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (3/8)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register