Mobileread
Amazon US spend $XX get $YY credit - October 10 to October 16
#81  TrevorViking 03-21-2022, 03:27 PM
Quote ZodWallop
It's back: Get $6 back in eBook credit when you spend $25 on eBooks.
March 21 - March 28

Link that works for me.
The offer was spend $15 get $4 for me; probably because they know I haven’t spent $25 on ebooks in my life.

#82  ngrant 04-22-2022, 01:54 PM
Quote ZodWallop
It's back: Get $6 back in eBook credit when you spend $25 on eBooks.
March 21 - March 28

Link that works for me.
Zodwallop's link above still works for me, and I got the offer in today's email of Kindle book deal recommendations. As usual YMMV. I got the offer last month also, but did not buy enough to qualify.

#83  ZodWallop 04-22-2022, 02:12 PM
Quote ngrant
Zodwallop's link above still works for me, and I got the offer in today's email of Kindle book deal recommendations. As usual YMMV. I got the offer last month also, but did not buy enough to qualify.
I'm not eligible

I suspect that if you qualified for the credit last time, they skip you.

#84  issybird 04-22-2022, 02:42 PM
I got the offer last month and qualified; I’ve got it again this month. I doubt I’ll be using it, though.

#85  ZodWallop 05-22-2022, 01:11 PM
It's back! May 21-May 28: https://www.amazon.com/kindlerewards/offer

They've redesigned the page. It now shows me how much I have spent, which is handy.

#86  Fbone 05-22-2022, 01:56 PM
I always activate these offers but never buy anything, perhaps comically, hoping Amazon will sweeten the next deal.

#87  issybird 05-22-2022, 02:52 PM
I wonder to what extent Amazon is cannibalizing its sales with these offers? Why wouldn’t you wait until the end of the month to buy a book that’s not on a limited-time sale and wait until you could hit the threshold?

Quote Fbone
I always activate these offers but never buy anything, perhaps comically, hoping Amazon will sweeten the next deal.
Heh. My own strategy is the reverse; I hope that by not activating it, Amazon will eventually relent and give me the $3 back on $10 deal. That one I’d take. $25 (I’m seeing the $6 back on $25 deal) is way more than I’d care to spend in ten days; it would have to be a combination of pressing wants combined with a sale price to lure me. We’ll have to see which strategy (if either) eventually works.

#88  Manabi 05-22-2022, 08:15 PM
Quote issybird
I wonder to what extent Amazon is cannibalizing its sales with these offers? Why wouldn’t you wait until the end of the month to buy a book that’s not on a limited-time sale and wait until you could hit the threshold?
Probably none. Amazon collects massive amounts of data from the store and they wouldn't keep doing these if they didn't ultimately make more money than they're offering in discounts.

Quote issybird
Heh. My own strategy is the reverse; I hope that by not activating it, Amazon will eventually relent and give me the $3 back on $10 deal. That one I’d take. $25 (I’m seeing the $6 back on $25 deal) is way more than I’d care to spend in ten days; it would have to be a combination of pressing wants combined with a sale price to lure me. We’ll have to see which strategy (if either) eventually works.
I stopped looking at them, since I rarely read anymore. (Depression took that away from me. ) I just checked and it's $6 on $25. They may have stopped doing the $3 on $10. Maybe it wasn't profitable for them?

#89  issybird 05-22-2022, 08:54 PM
Quote Manabi
I stopped looking at them, since I rarely read anymore. (Depression took that away from me. )
I am so sorry. That’s a colossal loss. I hope it’s temporary.

I just checked and it's $6 on $25. They may have stopped doing the $3 on $10. Maybe it wasn't profitable for them?
I have a friend (who rarely buys from Amazon) who got the $3 on $10 offer.

#90  Manabi 05-23-2022, 04:24 PM
Quote issybird
I am so sorry. That’s a colossal loss. I hope it’s temporary.
Thanks, but sadly it's been going on for years now. It might come back, but odds are it won't. I do better with rereading stuff. I think part of the problem is I get stressed out worrying about what will happen to characters, so knowing the ending helps.

Occasionally I do find something I can read. I made it most of the way through the Murderbot Diaries recently. I stopped at the full novel, but the novellas worked well.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (9/11)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register