Mobileread
Aura HD Default font
#1  ownedbycats 03-02-2021, 05:15 AM
Whenever I open a new book, it takes on the font + size of whatever book I previously had open. Is it possible to instead make it use whatever font is set in Kobo Reader.conf?

#2  davidfor 03-02-2021, 06:31 AM
That is what happening. But, your problem is that when you change the font in a book, it saves the settings for the book in the database. And it also updates the config file with these setting. Which will then be used for the next book you open that does not have saved font settings.

#3  Almamida 03-07-2021, 12:57 PM
It would be great to have a way to just register the changes for the actual book without impacting the general setting.

#4  ownedbycats 03-07-2021, 02:41 PM
Kobo Utilities lets you set the font for specific books.

#5  4691mls 03-09-2021, 10:59 AM
I wish my Clara would remember the font size from book to book. It does remember the font style but often when I open a new book the font size is different from the previous book.

#6  ps67 03-09-2021, 12:43 PM
Quote 4691mls
I wish my Clara would remember the font size from book to book. It does remember the font style but often when I open a new book the font size is different from the previous book.
IMHO the issue is caused by the different css of the books. If a book has "font-size: 1em;" for the main paragraph and another book has "font-size: 0.9em;" the dimension You see is different but it is not a problem of the Kobo software that respects what it is written in the css.

Edit: of course if the css is the same I don't know what to say

#7  DNSB 03-09-2021, 04:32 PM
Quote ps67
Edit: of course if the css is the same I don't know what to say
There is the font size difference between kepub and epub if not patched.

#8  JSWolf 03-11-2021, 09:12 AM
Quote DNSB
There is the font size difference between kepub and epub if not patched.
It's a pretty significant difference. But with the patches, KePub gets the same font size as ePub.

#9  davidfor 03-11-2021, 06:24 PM
Quote JSWolf
It's a pretty significant difference. But with the patches, KePub gets the same font size as ePub.
The difference depends on the device. For the larger screens, it isn't as significant. On the Clara HD, I adjust it immediately. On the Aura ONE, I don't.

#10  ownedbycats 03-13-2021, 01:33 AM
Question: What are these kepub/epub font size patches found? I think I have this problem. I borrow an ePub from Overdrive and load it onto my Kobo with ADE but when I open it the font is way too large.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register