Mobileread
Any Microsoft online TTS plugin for Calibre?
#1  Spphins 03-01-2021, 10:43 PM
show attachment »

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cognitive-services/text-to-speech/#customer-stories

This online speak very natural.much better than win10 loacl TTS.So I ask there is some plugin can make calibre-bookviewer using microsoft online TTS,just like new Edge webbrowser.

#2  Spphins 03-01-2021, 10:52 PM
Now I just install epub reader plugin for Edge browser and open EPUB and using TTS function of Edge

#3  JSWolf 03-02-2021, 06:24 AM
The Calibre viewer does have an option to use the Microsoft TTS. Just type ctrl-s and you'll get the controls for the TTS.

#4  DNSB 03-02-2021, 11:47 AM
Quote JSWolf
The Calibre viewer does have an option to use the Microsoft TTS. Just type ctrl-s and you'll get the controls for the TTS.
It seems the OP wants to use Microsoft's online TTS. Which would require you to have a live Internet connection every time you used it. Not to mention that it says try for free now.

I played with it and it's "lifelike" intonation is not that great without embedded directives. A live narrator has the advantage there though if your ebook had embedded SSML (Speech Synthesis Markup Language) directives, you could achieve decent results.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register