Mobileread
Libra Slide on the left to control front-light - How to make it work the way it should?
#1  Almamida 02-28-2021, 02:59 PM
Hello,

I'm struggling to understand how this feature works. I try to control the light, sliding my finger on the left. But I rarely achieve to control the light intensity without either make the menu appear, or at worst select some text.

Are we supposed to stick our finger to the side, or should it be 1cm away from the border? Are there other settings to avoid the menu to pop-up ?

I've made sure to try the 3 first screen Controls. in the Reading settings. And from their description, I shouldn't be able to make the menu appear by touching the left side of the screen. But still, the menu appears most of the time anyway.

I've also tried to deactivate tapping to change the page, but no luck so far.

Is this working 100% accurately for someone ? What do I do wrong?

Thank you

#2  Canuck_in_Japan 02-28-2021, 03:16 PM
I usually don't have trouble controlling the light using my finger. I slide my finger up and down the page so that the finger is rubbing up against the bezel. I wonder if you have very narrow margins if that can sometimes cause a problem. Sometimes if my margins are very narrow I seem to have trouble getting the light control to work.

#3  Almamida 02-28-2021, 04:10 PM
Thank you.
As it helps me not highlight text, I still have this menu that appears. And it shouldn't be triggered by a tap or slide on the left side of the screen.

#4  jgbout 02-28-2021, 05:31 PM
Is this slide supposed to work on the Home Screen too, or just when reading a book - as it only works when reading a book for me.

#5  Elektron 02-28-2021, 06:50 PM
Quote jgbout
Is this slide supposed to work on the Home Screen too, or just when reading a book - as it only works when reading a book for me.
Only while reading.

#6  davidfor 02-28-2021, 06:53 PM
Quote jgbout
It is only when reading. The option to enable it is on the "Reading settings" page of the settings.

#7  Ripplinger 02-28-2021, 11:53 PM
Quote Canuck_in_Japan
I usually don't have trouble controlling the light using my finger. I slide my finger up and down the page so that the finger is rubbing up against the bezel. I wonder if you have very narrow margins if that can sometimes cause a problem. Sometimes if my margins are very narrow I seem to have trouble getting the light control to work.
That's the way I do it also, with my finger touching against the bezel. My margins are quite narrow and don't recall ever having a problem. I do have small hands though, maybe that also plays into it a bit.

#8  davidfor 03-01-2021, 02:35 AM
Quote jgbout
Like @Canuck_in_Japan, I have my finger against the bezel when doing this. And I have narrow margins (zero for kepubs, the first from left for epubs). I sometimes get text highlighted, but, not the menu.

Playing with it now, are you starting at the top or bottom of the screen? I usually start from the middle of the screen and move up or down as necessary. But, when I started from a corner, the menu pops up.

And something I keep forgetting, a vertical swipe on the screen is supposed to open the menu. It looks like there is a narrow band on the left that is only for the controlling the light. If I am not touching bezel on my Clara

And while I was doing this, I paid attention to when highlighting happens. It is when I hesitate before moving my finger. If I move it immediately, or even am moving when I touch the screen, the highlight doesn't happen.

#9  4691mls 03-01-2021, 10:54 AM
I use narrow margins on my Clara and have small fingers. It seems to work better if I run my finger up the edge of the text (instead of up the edge of the bezel). But I still get a lot of errors and accidental text highlights. And a couple times while reading in bed I accidentally turned the light all the way off and couldn't get it back on, had to turn on the bedside lamp to see what I was doing and start over.

So you are not alone in having difficulty!

#10  Almamida 03-01-2021, 11:27 AM
I'll try to reset my Kobo, cause I don't understand why this menu shows up.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register