Mobileread
options not found
#1  ichnilatis 02-25-2021, 06:39 AM
Translating KOReader, I find some text/options that I can't find on KOReader.

For example:
Could anyone help?
Thank you!

#2  NiLuJe 02-25-2021, 12:44 PM
The first one requires an ePub 3 with a reference pagemap .

(It's essentially special markup that says, at *this* point, on a (hopefully not too random) specific print ISBN of the same book, the physical page number N started).

The second one requires a device with an Ambient Light Sensor (... that we support. That's pretty much only the Kindle Voyage & Oasis 1, as this was never implemented on the Kobo Aura One).

#3  ichnilatis 02-26-2021, 07:05 AM
Quote NiLuJe
The first one requires an ePub 3 with a reference pagemap .

(It's essentially special markup that says, at *this* point, on a (hopefully not too random) specific print ISBN of the same book, the physical page number N started).
When I read an ePub in my PB628 I have the possibility to choose whether the page numbering to display the number of screens or the number of pages in the book's original layout. Isn't it the same? Why can't I select it in KOReader, since there is this option?

How can I know if an ePub is 2 or 3? If an ePub has a reference pagemap, will this option appear automatically?

#4  pazos 02-26-2021, 09:18 AM
You're probably talking about Adobe pages. That's not a standard by any means.

Yep, the options are there for a compliant epub3 with a page map. See how it looks https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/6004

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register