Mobileread
Jailbreak Tolino Epos
#1  Twosteps 01-06-2021, 04:11 PM
Is it possible to jailbreak the Tolino Epos?

I want to read cbz/cbr files on it and I have only found tutorials to jailbreak the Tolino Shine or Vision, but never the Epos.
Does anyone know if the Epos can be jailbroken or if there is any other way to read those files on it?

Thank you in advance.

#2  ottischwenk 01-06-2021, 04:40 PM
Quote Twosteps
Is it possible to jailbreak the Tolino Epos?
No jailbreak is necessary - look here (German) - you only have to install a few other applications such as a file manager (Total Commander) and an app changer (OneToucher) - a launcher is only required for the initial setup, then it no longer makes sense.
The Tolino firmware from version 11 is based on Android 4.4.2

#3  Twosteps 01-06-2021, 04:53 PM
Quote ottischwenk
No jailbreak is necessary - look here (German) - you only have to install a few other applications such as a file manager (Total Commander) and an app changer (OneToucher) - a launcher is only required for the initial setup, then it no longer makes sense.
The Tolino firmware from version 11 is based on Android 4.4.2
Thank you very much!!

But does this work on the first Epos too? The guide only speaks about the Epos 2.

#4  ottischwenk 01-06-2021, 05:06 PM
Quote Twosteps
Thank you very much!!

But does this work on the first Epos too? The guide only speaks about the Epos 2.
Yes, it works for firmware greater 11 - but if take the second way, you have to take the right twrp.img for Epos.
Again, the system is not changed, only additional applications are installed.

I checked.
This way works with Epos1.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register