Mobileread
Any good Zombie books out there?
#1  Dr. Drib 11-12-2008, 06:51 PM
I like zombies, but I wouldn't invite one to my party, as they tend to mess up the furniture when they sit down (too many maggots); they're also prone to cause general chaos as they roam aimlessly about, upsetting the silverware tray and spilling drinks all over the carpet. I'm also a book collector, and I wouldn't want any fungus rot settling in when they touch my collection. The longer they've been dead, of course, the clumsier they seem to be, so I'd also have to hide my Ebook Reader.

What's your favorite zombie book, uh?

Right now, I'm reading a wonderfully trashy piece of enjoyable nonsense called Blood of the Dead [Undead World Trilogy Book One], by A.P. Fuchs.

It's a pretty good read so far, just great fun and full of rotting, semi-ambulatory bodies.

Well, gotta go now, someone's scraping against the door.

Don

#2  zelda_pinwheel 11-12-2008, 07:02 PM
BBBRRAAAAAAIINNSS !!!!!

(sorry, no recommendations : i wouldn't actually read a zombie book if you paid me, my imagination is far too energetic.)

#3  ZenEngineer 11-13-2008, 12:34 AM
The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman is the most entertaining, but World War Z is the most thoughtful zombie book I've read.

#4  daffy4u 11-13-2008, 12:37 AM
Quote ZenEngineer
The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman is the most entertaining, but World War Z is the most thoughtful zombie book I've read.
WWZ is one of the last pbooks I purchased before buying my Kindle. I haven't touched it yet. Might have to buy the ebook version.

#5  stxopher 11-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Trashy? Well if you just want zombies you could always grab the Autumn series.

Not heirloom quality but a nice undead filler read.

#6  mjh215 11-13-2008, 02:01 PM
World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide are two that I keep meaning to read. Typically I haven't been drawn to any zombie stories in literature. Seems like a genre that needs to be on screen. But then those popped up recently and are intriguing. So

Zelda, now thanks to you I have an image of Panda zombies in my head. "BAMBOOOOO!!!!"

-MJ

#7  Slite 11-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Quote mjh215
World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide are two that I keep meaning to read. Typically I haven't been drawn to any zombie stories in literature. Seems like a genre that needs to be on screen. But then those popped up recently and are intriguing. So

Zelda, now thanks to you I have an image of Panda zombies in my head. "BAMBOOOOO!!!!"

-MJ
Panda Zombies? BAMBOOOOO???!!???! Oh wow.... definitly needs to be made into a movie!

#8  Nate the great 11-13-2008, 02:27 PM
What does a Zombie book eat? It probably won't want brains. Would it eat other books?

#9  Dr. Drib 11-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Quote stxopher
Trashy? Well if you just want zombies you could always grab the Autumn series.

Not heirloom quality but a nice undead filler read.
Ah, yes, that was a freebie that I grabbed back when I had a Sony 500. I've only read the first one, but it was a lot of fun.

Don

#10  bill_mchale 11-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Quote mjh215

-MJ
I enjoyed them quite a bit; I read them about February of 2007 (iirc). Actually parts of the Zombie Survival guide are quite funny.... unless they are real, in which case, well.... I need a house with a second floor and a way to destroy the steps up to it (Zombies aren't good at climbing).

--
Bill

Next »  Last »  (1/59)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register