Mobileread
Welcome to the Jetbook Forum!
#11  Dr. Drib 08-22-2009, 06:54 PM
I'll try to locate that person, although we're getting ready to go out shortly.

If someone locates this individual why not send him/her a PM?

Thanks,
Don

#12  vsalvaggio 08-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Boy! Go on vacation and don't visit the site for few days and wow how things changed! Great to see the new forum!

#13  doug38 09-08-2009, 08:35 PM
A note to ECTACO about their FAQ/ 'comparison chart' for jetBook, Sony, and Kindle. The models and features of the Sony might be updated. For example, now that Sony has two other models than that shown, the 'Pocket' and the 'Touch,' maybe it would be useful to know that file formats may have changed, along with a few other physical characteristics--and the device photos for Sony and Kindle. Generally, a comparison chart can be helpful and informative.

#14  Kralik 09-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Quote doug38
A note to ECTACO about their FAQ/ 'comparison chart' for jetBook, Sony, and Kindle. The models and features of the Sony might be updated. For example, now that Sony has two other models than that shown, the 'Pocket' and the 'Touch,' maybe it would be useful to know that file formats may have changed, along with a few other physical characteristics--and the device photos for Sony and Kindle. Generally, a comparison chart can be helpful and informative.
Basically the comparison chart issue has been hashed and rehashed -- yes, it is out of date and biased. Likely to change soon? Probably not. I'd just ignore it.

#15  Kris777 09-09-2009, 12:11 AM
Quote Kralik
Basically the comparison chart issue has been hashed and rehashed -- yes, it is out of date and biased. Likely to change soon? Probably not. I'd just ignore it.
I didn't find the comparsion chart on jetbook.net website. I found just picture that compare jetBook and Kindle screen:
image »

#16  doug38 09-10-2009, 09:13 AM
I received my jetBook Sept.8, installed and read a comfortably formatted text for 20 minutes, and developed a headache, followed the next day by sore eyes. The reason: glare. In sitting with good the kind of good light I used for pbook reading, I found that I kept making minute adjustments of the angle of the reader so as to try to avoid reflective glare from my reading lights. I had made my purchase on the basis of Dr. Drib's review, but if other people can read on the jetBook without suffering from the glare from its screen display, then that's good news for them; for me, the glare is a deal-breaker, and I'm thinking of returning this to BedBB and opting for a reader with e-ink. If there are any others of you who can avoid the eyestrain and headaches, please let me know how you do it.
One other thing for the ECTACO design people: even the 'Page up/page down' side-scroller on the reader's left edge has a glossy finish to it, and the reflected light from it is distracting.

#17  doug38 09-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Kris 777 could look for the comparison chart at

<http://www.jetbook.net/comparison.php>

#18  Kralik 09-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Quote doug38
I received my jetBook Sept.8, installed and read a comfortably formatted text for 20 minutes, and developed a headache, followed the next day by sore eyes. The reason: glare. In sitting with good the kind of good light I used for pbook reading, I found that I kept making minute adjustments of the angle of the reader so as to try to avoid reflective glare from my reading lights. I had made my purchase on the basis of Dr. Drib's review, but if other people can read on the jetBook without suffering from the glare from its screen display, then that's good news for them; for me, the glare is a deal-breaker, and I'm thinking of returning this to BedBB and opting for a reader with e-ink. If there are any others of you who can avoid the eyestrain and headaches, please let me know how you do it.
One other thing for the ECTACO design people: even the 'Page up/page down' side-scroller on the reader's left edge has a glossy finish to it, and the reflected light from it is distracting.
If you don't like it then it's probably worth returning. Or ... buy an e-ink device and return whichever one you like less.

#19  doug38 09-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Well, I like many things about the jetbook, but if I can't avoid the glare and the headaches, I'll definitely return it. However, basically I'd like to read comments from others about how they avoid the problem so I can use it and live with it without those problems. Yesterday I stumbled across a 'thread' that discussed this, but frankly I feel lost in this forum and only returned to this comment because I'd checked the box for email notification. But I'll keep trying to find things in it on my topic. (Even within the so-called "jetBook forum" there seem to be ever-changing categories and threads, so I find it hard to return to one I've just looked at.)

#20  Kris777 09-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Quote doug38
Well, I like many things about the jetbook, but if I can't avoid the glare and the headaches, I'll definitely return it. However, basically I'd like to read comments from others about how they avoid the problem so I can use it and live with it without those problems. Yesterday I stumbled across a 'thread' that discussed this, but frankly I feel lost in this forum and only returned to this comment because I'd checked the box for email notification. But I'll keep trying to find things in it on my topic. (Even within the so-called "jetBook forum" there seem to be ever-changing categories and threads, so I find it hard to return to one I've just looked at.)
I purchased my jetBook more than one year ago and I don't have any headaches during or after reading. jetBook screen looks fine for me in airplane whith limited light (after 4-5 hours of nonstop reading) and on the beach under sun umbrella. I don't have e-ink screen ereaders but several people on this forum compared Sony 505 and Kindle with jetBook and they agreed than jetBook screen is better.
just example:
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=98

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register