Mobileread
Kobo Vox Hacking Progress
#221  mightyzazz 01-03-2015, 03:39 PM
Hi Difflugia. Of course you were right. I did a full rerestart according to your instructions rather that pressing the restart button hidden on the inside back of the tablet - and the superuser icon appeared and works fine! Happy New Year! Roberto.

#222  Difflugia 01-03-2015, 10:47 PM
Quote mightyzazz
Hi Difflugia. Of course you were right. I did a full rerestart according to your instructions rather that pressing the restart button hidden on the inside back of the tablet - and the superuser icon appeared and works fine! Happy New Year! Roberto.
I'm glad it worked for you. It's also good to know that I wasn't crazy when I had the problem and rebooting "magically" fixed it!

#223  vph 03-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Hi Difflugia,
thanks to all the information you provided I managed to root and clean my kobo vox.
Now after removing all the apk according your list above, on the bottom of the screen there is a bar with links like "Just for You", "Shop Kobo" etc which are no more active and useful.
Do you know of a way to edit these links and replace them with something more useful?

Best Regards,
vph

#224  vph 03-10-2015, 02:36 PM
Found it!
Replaced the default launcher with ADW and now it is perfect!!

#225  hecatae 04-11-2015, 01:13 PM
What's the easiest way to fully remove google apps from the vox?

#226  mightyzazz 04-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Hi Hecatae, if you follow the link http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...3&postcount=26

it shows you how to delete apps using Connectbot and Busybox - it worked for me, although I did not delete the google ones as they were useful to me. I was only brave enough to delete apps as I could always reprogram my kobo if I accidentally bricked it by removing an app that was more important to the device than it actually appeared to be. This happened on more than one occasion and is a bit down to trial and error. Of course it needs to be rooted etc.

Hope that helps, but believe me, I am no expert on the matter, as my previous questions demonstrate. Good Luck! Roberto.

#227  mightyzazz 06-03-2015, 09:59 PM
Hi, Again,

can anyone tell me whether this link is something worth looking into, to update the vox. It has a dodgy feel to it, but it says it is a Lollipop upgrade.

http://newlistandrophone.blogspot.co.nz/2015/05/working-tutorial-how-to-updateupgrade_717.html#

Cheers,

Rob.

#228  Difflugia 06-04-2015, 12:51 AM
Quote mightyzazz
Hi, Again,

can anyone tell me whether this link is something worth looking into, to update the vox. It has a dodgy feel to it, but it says it is a Lollipop upgrade.

http://newlistandrophone.blogspot.co.nz/2015/05/working-tutorial-how-to-updateupgrade_717.html#

Cheers,

Rob.
I think your instincts are correct about it being dodgy. It says that it's copied from forums.xda-developers.com (which I'm familiar with), but I didn't find anything when I searched over there.

The "instructions" tell you to install ClockworkMod, but I don't think anyone ever ported ClockworkMod to the Vox. Also, the page says at the top that it's a Lollipop upgrade, but it says KitKat further down. I think it's just recycled spam from somewhere that's probably a link to a virus or something.

#229  alopan 09-21-2020, 03:05 PM
I wrote this post. It's maybe helpful for folks who have trouble with Kobo account registration on Kobo Vox.

« First  « Prev   (23/23)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register