Mobileread
Glo HD Glo HD Battery Replacement didnt work
#21  Thargor 07-23-2019, 05:08 PM
Crap, I thought it was doing okay, it had dropped to 40% after light usage for the last 5 days, terrible performance compared to what it was but I was starting to think it might be the battery meter being a bit iffy but today I came home and it was completely dead so it barely made 5 days from a full charge.

Ill give it one more chance on a full charge overnight then Ill try factory reset and one book at a time that I know never gave any trouble in the past.

#22  Thargor 07-25-2019, 11:26 AM
Fully charged overnight to 100% yesterday, down to 85% today.

#23  Thargor 07-26-2019, 07:46 PM
Dropped to 65% after 2 days where I only read about 5 pages of the latest Expanse novel, so I factory reset and charged it to 100% with no books loaded. If the battery drops again Ill give up and buy a new reader.

Unless anyone has any better ideas?

#24  frostschutz 07-27-2019, 02:41 AM
Quote Thargor
Unless anyone has any better ideas?
Stop looking at the % and charge it whenever you don't read?

I know they're advertized as "runs weeks on a single charge" but... well, so far it hasn't been true for any eReader I owned, so... even my Kindle (which I don't use at all) runs out of battery all the time (can't turn it off...).

In the end it's normal to charge them regularly and connecting to a charger is only natural...

If it can't sustain even a few hours of reading that'd be a different matter but not clear to me if that is the case for you ("dropped to 65% after 2 days" sounds like there is plenty of charging opportunities)

#25  Quoth 07-27-2019, 06:02 AM
If only ANY phone in day long use even lasted 2 days.
65% in two days if not being used is terrible.
65% if reading 10 hours a day for two days is very usable.
Is light off and WiFi off?

#26  Thargor 07-28-2019, 06:04 PM
Quote frostschutz
Stop looking at the % and charge it whenever you don't read?

I know they're advertized as "runs weeks on a single charge" but... well, so far it hasn't been true for any eReader I owned, so... even my Kindle (which I don't use at all) runs out of battery all the time (can't turn it off...).

In the end it's normal to charge them regularly and connecting to a charger is only natural...

If it can't sustain even a few hours of reading that'd be a different matter but not clear to me if that is the case for you ("dropped to 65% after 2 days" sounds like there is plenty of charging opportunities)
Yeah but the whole point of this thread is that the battery suddenly started draining really quickly, dead in 4-5 days even with zero use, then I bought a new battery and its behaving the exact same way, Im trying to diagnose a problem here.

Its not acceptable to me to wake up in the morning and find an ereader has dropped 20% overnight and could be completely dead in 4 days sometimes.

Then again Im having to use wifi workarounds or disassembling the device just to get books on it since usb stopped working on any pc I try so maybe Ill just give up and try a different device.

#27  PeterT 07-28-2019, 08:11 PM
Have you thought that there might be a link between the non functioning USB port and the battery drain? Maybe a short between some of the connections inside the port?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

« First  « Prev   (3/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register