Mobileread
Can I put the Audible Audiobook to My MP3 Player?
#11  Victoria Jones 12-05-2017, 11:58 PM
Quote darryl
Short answer is no. More complicated answer is that it is possible if you want to remove the drm and convert to mp3, assuming of course that this is legal in your jurisdiction.
It is the first time that I hear about DRM. Can I just remove the drm only for personal use?? Or I need to search for the Internet to find out some legal DRM for use?

#12  AnemicOak 12-06-2017, 01:02 AM
Quote Victoria Jones
I am so sad that I didn't have the SanDisk Clip Sport Plus, my iPod shuffle music player is so old.
IIRC the Shuffle will play Audible files downloaded to and transferred via iTunes.

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5147/c/3089,3339

Quote Victoria Jones
It is the first time that I hear about DRM. Can I just remove the drm only for personal use?? Or I need to search for the Internet to find out some legal DRM for use?
Google AAX2MP3

#13  Blossom 12-06-2017, 09:35 AM
Quote booklover6
Yes you can put the books on your mp3 player. IF you have a compatible mp3 player. The only one I have experience with is the Sansa Clip Zip and Clip Sport. You must use Audible Manager and download the books in "Format 4" from the Audible site. If you have a different mp3 player you will have to look at Audible and see if yours is compatible.
I'm pretty sure I have Enhance on my Clip Zip. I've never used Format 4.

Sent from my XT1528

#14  tubemonkey 12-06-2017, 03:00 PM
Quote Blossom
I'm pretty sure I have Enhance on my Clip Zip. I've never used Format 4.

Sent from my XT1528
The Clip Sport Plus is the only Clip that doesn't support Format 4. The other five Clips support both formats (4 & e).

#15  pwalker8 12-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Quote Victoria Jones
We really aren't allowed to discuss exactly how to remove DRM here. A starting point is to Google "Audible DRM" and move on from there.

The exact legalities of removing DRM from ebooks, audiobooks, etc, is at best up in the air. Some would argue that it's allowable for personal use when you are format shifting using video tape and CD ripping as examples that were upheld by the US Supreme Court (other countries have their own laws about such things). Others point to later laws which bar removing DRM. My personal take is that as long as it's for personal use and you don't start giving away copies, no one is going to bother you.

As a note, I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so my opinion is just that, my personal opinion.

#16  badgoodDeb 12-06-2017, 05:39 PM
Quote Victoria Jones
I just have a phone and my music player, without any other kinds of a spare cellphone. Oh, how foolish I am! I threw all my old phone! God!
You might look around for non-contract cell phones, cheap. We highlite a few on Black Friday, for people to buy for this very reason (music or audible players), but there might still be some out there before Christmas.

TubeMonkey has had charts, in past years, ranking the worth of different phones, under his Black Friday threads. The lists may still be useful to you.

#17  SeaBookGuy 02-20-2019, 04:57 PM
I have purchased a DRM removal product, which gives an M4a output only; I use a free online converter to output the book as mp3.

I don't use it often, but find it useful to convert the original Audible to roughly one-hour parts by specifying the same number of parts output as total hours (8h 22m book as 8 parts of 1h 3m each, etc). I dislike seeing only the elapsed time of one file transferred via Audible app, with only the progress bar on my Sansa Clip to rely on.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register