Mobileread
Tom's hands-on with Archos AV700
#21  ctownd 10-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Quote bmac
Did anyone ever find a solution to the ir emitter shutting down the cable box in the scheduling mode.
Yup! It worked after making the change then resetting the AV700.

#22  bmac 10-31-2006, 07:22 PM
what change did you make? I tried the previously mentioned contextual setting changes but did not reset when I was done. Could you be very specific about the changes you made and I will try them. thanks for your help.

#23  gorbs 10-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Quote bmac
what change did you make? I tried the previously mentioned contextual setting changes but did not reset when I was done. Could you be very specific about the changes you made and I will try them. thanks for your help.

Ditto here, I'm playing with a archos av500 which i recently got and its doing the same as stated here, turning off the box when it goes to do a scheduled recording. For now I am going with the "turn off the box first" theory to get by. But this would be a problem if recording back to back ... unless I through in a dummy record that would turn the box back off on so that my next real record would record fine :-)

#24  nigel_tegg 06-13-2008, 07:31 PM
PLEASE please PLEASE someone tell me categorically, how to upgrade the HDD on a Archos Av700 (non-TV). I have a couple of 40Gb ones which are just too small. I have a 250Gb drive of the same type (IDE, 4200rpm), but it doesn't identify it. in theory I should be able to go to at least a 100Gb, as they make a version such. Perhaps I Can format the drive and copy the OS-files to the drive on my PC? (first) then pop it in the AV? I've been trying to do this for ages, and had no joy. The old disk was a Hitachi Travelstar HTS424040M9AT00 which everyone knows are crap. The disk I'm trying to use is a WD 250Gb IDE

#25  Nate the great 06-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Nigel, you'd have better luck asking here:
http://forum.archosfans.com/

« First  « Prev   (3/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register