Mobileread
PocketBook-KOReader: a document reader for PDF, DJVU, EPUB, FB2, CBZ, ... (AGPLv3)
#331  ezdiy 10-20-2020, 12:59 AM
Quote nhedgehog
I have a strange behaviour with yesterdays nightly but I'm not sure, if this is really KoReader related:
Does PB631 have indicator led for discharge status? It's possible for koreader to hog autostandby (ie fail to properly release it), thus draining battery overnight. However that should be harmless.

What you're saying has happened to multiple users on this forum by now after a deep discharge. Some using rooted PB, some not. Sometimes replacing battery helped, sometimes it didn't. I've now seen 2 PBs bricked like this (632 and 740). All same problem - seems like faulty charge circuitry that misreads cell voltage, and subsequently underregulates charge current.

#332  nhedgehog 10-20-2020, 04:30 AM
Quote ezdiy
Does PB631 have indicator led for discharge status? It's possible for koreader to hog autostandby (ie fail to properly release it), thus draining battery overnight. However that should be harmless.
I think mine has an led indicator but I deactivated it via settings.

My problem was that the device was fully charged but "thought" it was empty [the charge current I measured was just a trickle charge]. Had to force discharge and recharge it 3 times to be able to fully charge it again [measured charge current and capacity while charging]. Battery indicator during discharge changed only after the device has discharged enough to go under the shown value [For instance it showed 30% after being fully charged and needed 6h to discharge to go to 29% and lower.].

#333  ps67 10-28-2020, 02:34 PM
If any of the developers have the desire and time to work on color, and need a beta tester, I'm here. I'm on the last nightly.

KOReader is much faster and better than PB standard reader, so if it would handle color it would be perfect.

#334  NiLuJe 10-28-2020, 03:24 PM
@ps67: the place to be for that is still https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/6680

#335  ps67 10-28-2020, 04:02 PM
Quote NiLuJe
@ps67: the place to be for that is still https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/6680
Sorry but I don't understand what I should do

#336  ps67 10-28-2020, 08:39 PM
Well I tried to guess: I added these two lines
Code
local PocketBook = Generic:new{ canUseCBB = no, hasColorScreen = yes,
To the file frontend/device/pocketbook/device.lua

But nothing happened: no color.

Then I tried:

Code
 display_dpi = 300, hasColorScreen = yes, canUseCBB = no, -- 24bpp hasCFAScreen = yes, isAlwaysPortrait = yes, usingForcedRotation = landscape_ccw,
But still no color. I tried but without somebody that really knows what to do and tell me it, I fear that all my efforts will be useless.

#337  Galunid 10-28-2020, 10:49 PM
@ps67 What NiLuJe linked is work currently being done. You need to wait patiently, till it's finished. If you want to help testing, take a look at https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/6479 and https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/6680 once in a while. You'd have to know how to use git and build the application yourself, then report the results there.

#338  ldmobi 12-10-2020, 06:07 AM
a newbie question: if I update Koreader manually, copying the extracted files in the ereader with my Mac, how do I retain all settings, highlights, etc..?

is there a particular folder to backup and copy back in the Pocketbook, after updating Koreader?
thanks

#339  Frenzie 12-10-2020, 07:59 AM
Settings won't be overwritten. But of course if you want to be absolutely sure, it's easiest just to back up the whole folder.

#340  ldmobi 12-10-2020, 11:31 AM
Quote Frenzie
Settings won't be overwritten.
Can you confirm this is because in the koreader installation folder there are no settings?
All settings are created when modified by the user, therefore, being present only in the ereader device, they can't be overwritten by the new version of the software.

This also true for book notes, stored in a sidecar folder along the book file, and exported highlights, stored in the Clipboard folder.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (34/39)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register