Mobileread
Sending webpages to Tolino
#11  torto 01-13-2020, 07:33 AM
Hi, just a quick update on this matter: I followed the instructions here for sideloading Android apps (not flashed, just sideloaded apps):
https://allesebook.de/anleitung/tolino-vision-5-adb-root-980665/

I was a bit skeptic because my Tolino was updated to 13.2.0, but now everything is working fine, including the official Pocket for android (and an older Kindle app for direct reading and purchase at Amazon amogn other perks). Also, KOreader, which I am using now, makes IMO a much better reader than the native Tolino reader for epub and PDF files (and also connects to Calibre server, Dropbox as a bonus). There are quite a few quirks in Android, but it works and makes the Vision 5 an incredible value. Now I am super happy with my Tolino!

Thanks Ottischwenk for the help!

#12  ottischwenk 01-13-2020, 09:03 AM
Quote torto
https://allesebook.de/anleitung/tolino-vision-5-adb-root-980665/
In my opinion it would be better to boot into the Tolino App and start the programs via OneToucher as described here

#13  torto 01-13-2020, 09:51 AM
Thanks, I'll try that too! For some reason, I managed to get it working with the files in the article first. Maybe it was the fact that it adds a pair of vendor ids with one of these .bat files?

Only then things started showing up in "adb devices" for me. But since I did it a few times, maybe I'm already confusing the order of things.

#14  ottischwenk 01-13-2020, 10:38 AM
The main reason for my suggestion is that the page refresh and back (swipe up from the bottom) is done by the Tolino app and it should run, which is not the case when using a launcher.
I used this solution for my Epos2 and it works great.
Night mode (white on black) works too.

#15  mirh 04-06-2020, 07:07 PM
I thought KOReader was already the golden standard for this, between Calibre Companion, Send2Ebook and the generic cloud storage?
Way better than going through the cable.

#16  ottischwenk 04-07-2020, 01:09 AM
Quote mirh
I thought KOReader was already the golden standard for this, between Calibre Companion, Send2Ebook and the generic cloud storage?
Yes,
But why using the Koreader when there are much more comfortable options.

#17  torto 04-07-2020, 04:48 AM
Quote mirh
I am curious about your workflow for webpages. What is it exactly?

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register