Mobileread
ePub Book Requests (Public Domain books ONLY!)
#1  Jellby 03-07-2010, 04:34 AM
There is a thread for requests in the Mobipocket forum, why don't we have one for ePUB books? I'm starting one, therefore

And I'll open the requests with the works of Flaubert, Verne, and Salgari, in the original languages.

#2  JSWolf 03-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Can we get all the Raymond Chandler in ePub? We are getting them in just about every other format, but I don't see why not ePub.

#3  weatherwax 03-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote JSWolf
Can we get all the Raymond Chandler in ePub? We are getting them in just about every other format, but I don't see why not ePub.
LRF works fine with Sony.

#4  ghostyjack 03-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote weatherwax
LRF may work fine with Sony readers, but ePub is used on a lot more devices than just Sony ones.

If I've got time, I might have a crack at them myself when I've finished with putting all H.P. Lovecraft's PD work into ePub form.

#5  JSWolf 03-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote weatherwax
LRF is not as good as ePub because with ePub, I can specify the fonts I want to use. Plus, if I was to get a different reader, LRF would be useless.

#6  sachinwalia 04-10-2010, 07:20 PM
I've complete chandler in epub format. I am not sure if i upload it here it'll be a violation of copyright. if not then I don't mind putting it here.

#7  HarryT 04-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Quote sachinwalia
I've complete chandler in epub format. I am not sure if i upload it here it'll be a violation of copyright. if not then I don't mind putting it here.
If these are books that you've created yourself, then it's fine to upload them. If they are commercial eBooks, then you must obviously NOT upload them.

#8  weatherwax 04-11-2010, 08:28 AM
They have already been uploaded.

#9  HarryT 04-12-2010, 03:07 AM
There's nothing wrong with having multiple versions of books for people to choose from, since different people format their books in different ways. When uploading a "duplicate" book, though, we do ask the uploader to specify how it differs from the version (or versions) that are already present.

#10  sachinwalia 04-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Does somebody have illustrated Sherlock Holmes collection, HG Wells collection and any illustrated book by H.P. Lovecraft. will really appreciate sharing.

Next »  Last »  (1/20)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register