Mobileread
iBooks import ePub
#1  EdJonesBGJ 06-15-2019, 11:37 AM
never had a problem before yesterday, but all of a sudden the icon to import ePub from Calibre to iBooks no longer shows up when i select READ...
not sure what happened... how do i get my books from Calibre to iBooks...?
help please...
thanks...
ed

#2  Hitch 06-15-2019, 01:53 PM
Quote EdJonesBGJ
never had a problem before yesterday, but all of a sudden the icon to import ePub from Calibre to iBooks no longer shows up when i select READ...
not sure what happened... how do i get my books from Calibre to iBooks...?
help please...
thanks...
ed
MODS, please move this to the Calibre forum, it's in the wrong place. Ed, someone over at the Calibre subforum needs to assist you--this is about making and building ePUBs, not managing them in your library.

Hitch

#3  DNSB 06-15-2019, 02:15 PM
I think we need more information from the OP before deciding where this thread should be moved. Calibre does not directly support iBooks so I would suspect either he is using calibre server as a web interface with it's read/download or Calibre Companion as a pseudo-device.

IIRC, calibre server will open the book in the web interface if Read is selected, you need to select Download to open it in another application.

Edit: just checked and that's how it works on my iPhone. Read opens the book in the web interface while Download offer to open it in Books.

#4  HarryT 06-16-2019, 08:54 AM
Moved to the Apple forum, since this is a question about iOS, not Calibre.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register