Mobileread
It's time for an eInk phone subforum?
#1  eReader fan 06-05-2019, 07:42 PM
As we have more than one or two options to have an eInk phone I think it is the moment

We have the Hisense a2 pro and the a6, the Yotaphones and the project of Onyx. I know yotaphone is bankrupt, but the international version of the Yota 3 was released and probably some of the problems of the firmware will be fixed by some of the owners.

I think it will be ok for talking about GPS eInk friendly apps, alternatives ROMS or other related stuff.

Also maybe its time to move/delete some others subforums. Is the Windows subforum really usefull? Nook forum is almost dead also, and I think it stopped producing eReaders. And Tolino... Are they still selling eReaders?

Also I think Dasung deserves a specific subforum for its own, as it is producing and interesting and innovative product.

What do you think?

#2  Barbara1955 06-05-2019, 08:28 PM
So talk. You don't need a special forum for that ...just this thread.

I never heard of this phone ...how about a link!

#3  eReader fan 06-05-2019, 10:10 PM
Quote Barbara1955
So talk. You don't need a special forum for that ...just this thread.

I never heard of this phone ...how about a link!
Yes sure, I can speak about that here, and also we could speak in just one thread about all the Onyx stuff, and in other for the Kobo stuff, etc but in the name of organization is much better to have subforums

I dont know of which of the 4 phones I mentioned you are asking about, so cant post a link. Anyway, just google the ones you want info and you will have it.

Edit: I edited the first message because I wanted to say more things about the organization of the subforums

#4  Sirtel 06-06-2019, 01:09 AM
Quote eReader fan
As we have more than one or two options to have an eInk phone I think it is the moment

We have the Hisense a2 pro and the a6, the Yotaphones and the project of Onyx. I know yotaphone is bankrupt, but the international version of the Yota 3 was released and probably some of the problems of the firmware will be fixed by some of the owners.

I think it will be ok for talking about GPS eInk friendly apps, alternatives ROMS or other related stuff.

Also maybe its time to move/delete some others subforums. Is the Windows subforum really usefull? Nook forum is almost dead also, and I think it stopped producing eReaders. And Tolino... Are they still selling eReaders?

Also I think Dasung deserves a specific subforum for its own, as it is producing and interesting and innovative product.

What do you think?
The Nook forum is far from dead. In fact, B&N just released a new Nook reader, with a 7.8'' eink screen. There's quite a bit of discussion about it (true, lots of it in the News forum, but still).

Also it's certainly too early to archive the Windows forum, as there are many Windows tablets out there and many people read on them.

#5  HarryT 06-06-2019, 02:32 AM
Our criterion for creating a new forum is not whether or not devices exist, but whether or not there are sufficient active threads on the topic here at MR to justify a forum’s existence. Could you link to a few active threads on the topic of eInk phones so we can decide whether there’s sufficient interest to justify a forum for them, please?

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register