Mobileread
#1  Tarana 05-30-2019, 12:51 PM
Is there some setting I might have ticked that results in not getting a lot of updates? I just found out yesterday about Fictfact closing. There have been multiple posts about it and I use the "new posts" feature every day, sometimes twice a day. The only reason I even found out about it is after reporting it myself, someone added a link that it was already being discussed. Not just embarrassing, but frustrating. This is the second recent news feature in a few months that affected me where I received nothing. That tells me that I'm missing a lot of stuff. I select New Posts w/o e-book uploads. Help!

Thread name:
Popular Series Tracking Site FictFact shutting down tomorrow

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320126

#2  jackie_w 05-30-2019, 01:00 PM
Is it possible that at some time in the past you excluded certain sections of the forum?

Look in User Control Panel - Edit Options - Miscellaneous Options - Forum exclusion to see if you've flagged anything for exclusion.

#3  BookCat 06-04-2019, 02:09 PM
Often, after checking CP, I look at the various sections such as news and discussions to see if there are any interesting threads going. This is more reliable, to me, than looking at the disconnected 'new posts' (though I sometimes do that too).

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register