Mobileread
Possible to sync reading position between Calibre & Koreader?
#1  OrangeFlavored 05-29-2019, 04:42 PM
I've been using a Kobo H2O for a while now with the default reading app, and the KoboUtilities plugin in calibre would backup my reading progress every time I plugged it in so I could restore it if anything ever happened to cause it to be lost (like database corruption, or that annoying microSD bug a while back). Anyway H2O screen is ruined, plan to switch to a Boyue Likebook Mars and use Koreader as my main reading app, wondering if there is an easy way to export the saved reading progress from Calibre's columns into Koreader.

Really if the ones that are incomplete don't get their bookmark moved properly I can live with that since there's only a handful I'm actually in the process of reading, but it'd be nice if at minimum the ones with a "100" in the column I could batch set as "finished" in koreader in some easy automated way since there are hundreds of those.

#2  pazos 05-30-2019, 12:59 PM
Quote OrangeFlavored
I've been using a Kobo H2O for a while now with the default reading app, and the KoboUtilities plugin in calibre would backup my reading progress every time I plugged it in so I could restore it if anything ever happened to cause it to be lost (like database corruption, or that annoying microSD bug a while back). Anyway H2O screen is ruined, plan to switch to a Boyue Likebook Mars and use Koreader as my main reading app, wondering if there is an easy way to export the saved reading progress from Calibre's columns into Koreader.

Really if the ones that are incomplete don't get their bookmark moved properly I can live with that since there's only a handful I'm actually in the process of reading, but it'd be nice if at minimum the ones with a "100" in the column I could batch set as "finished" in koreader in some easy automated way since there are hundreds of those.
It is not implemented yet. You can check updates in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3814

#3  OrangeFlavored 06-05-2019, 04:46 PM
Hm alright, also is there a quicker way to mark a book as read other than open each one and skip to the end?

#4  NiLuJe 06-05-2019, 06:04 PM
None that I could find (except from the "Book status" widget, which can only be opened from inside the book, so it's not actually any better. It did remind me that there is a "Finished" status that's different from "100%".). Unless someone proves me wrong, I was thinking of adding something like that to the FM long-press menu.

See also another progress-related quirk that I'm amazed no-one had reported yet.

(Yes, I'm fairly anal about that kind of house keeping, but, still ;p).

#5  OrangeFlavored 06-05-2019, 07:57 PM
Yeah I noticed "finished" and 100% were different as well, just using 100% for now since it seems less steps to set it.

Working on tweaking my settings now and I noticed the DPI setting, if I know my device is 300 PPI does that mean the optimal setting here is 300 too? Or am I misinterpreting how this works?

#6  NiLuJe 06-05-2019, 08:28 PM
The global DPI setting is automagically set according to your device's screen.

The CRe-specific DPI defaults to a 1:1 mapping similar to standard web behavior.

#7  OrangeFlavored 06-05-2019, 08:41 PM
Huh, so I should just set it back to 96 then? That's what it started on.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register