Mobileread
Epub-problems in tablets
#1  gunilla 05-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Although my epub-file validate without problem in http://valildator.idpf.org and everything seems okay in Adobe Digital Editions there are problems in my tablets. In the app Aldiko in Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 no images show up and in the app Bluefire Reader in iPad Air every page is empty, no text, no images, nothing? What is this due to?

#2  Turtle91 05-05-2019, 12:41 PM
Going to need to see an example of your html/css code for us to deduce whats wrong...I haven't quite developed my far-seeing or mind reading skills to that level.

#3  DNSB 05-05-2019, 03:55 PM
I agree with turtle91. Please attach an example of an epub that shows those issues. if it is copyright, look for scrambleebook either as the calibre plugin or the standalone version and then post the scrambled version. I'm going to assume that since it is your epub, DRM is not going to be an issue.

See ScrambleEbook: Getting help with copyrighted books for the calibre plugin or this thread for the standalone version:Scrambling copyright ebooks to help troubleshoot problems ??? .

And, please, do not post the same issue in multiple places.

#4  gunilla 05-10-2019, 11:34 PM
I have now installed Adobe-ID in BluefireReader and then the images appeared. I don´t know why I need Adobe-ID when inte is a file I have made myself. However, it works. But there is still problems to get the images in Aldiko. I have written to Aldiko support but has not get any answer yet.

#5  DiapDealer 05-11-2019, 01:16 PM
Moderator Notice
Please stop double-posting and double-following-up on your double-posts.

Pick one thread (this one or the one in the Sigil forum) and stick with it.

#6  graycyn 06-13-2019, 02:38 PM
Quote gunilla
I have now installed Adobe-ID in BluefireReader and then the images appeared. I don´t know why I need Adobe-ID when inte is a file I have made myself. However, it works. But there is still problems to get the images in Aldiko. I have written to Aldiko support but has not get any answer yet.

If you should get an answer from Aldiko, please post it, I'd be interested to know what they say, having also experienced issues in that app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#7  gunilla 06-14-2019, 07:58 AM
I haven´t got any answer from Aldiko.

The best app for reading my epub-files in the android tablet seems to be Google Play Books.

#8  RbnJrg 06-14-2019, 09:16 AM
Quote gunilla

The best app for reading my epub-files in the android tablet seems to be Google Play Books.
Try PocketBook:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.obreey.reader&hl=en_419

It has two rendering engines: ADE 3.x and WebKit 5.12.x.

#9  graycyn 06-16-2019, 03:28 PM
Quote gunilla

Thanks for trying. I was curious, because I've had the same issues with images and Aldiko. I used to have image issues with several other Android apps, but reducing the pixel dimensions of the images helped with the others. I assumed that Android developers figured most folks would be using phones and might not need large images, but I was using a 300dpi resolution tablet at the time.

#10  graycyn 06-16-2019, 03:29 PM
Quote RbnJrg
Try PocketBook:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.obreey.reader&hl=en_419

It has two rendering engines: ADE 3.x and WebKit 5.12.x.

Yep, I like Pocketbook, generally does a good job, at least on Android. For some reason it is running very slow on iOS when I recently tried it though. Ages to load a book.

Next »  Last »  (1/5)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register