Mobileread
Calibre
#1  marek22 03-05-2019, 12:44 PM
Hi please tell me it is possible to launch calibre on iPad pro?

#2  ilovejedd 03-05-2019, 01:09 PM
No but there's a Calibre Companion app that connects with Calibre.

#3  svenlind 03-06-2019, 05:51 AM
Calibre has a very excellent content server where you can get access to your Calibre libraries in a browser. But launching Calibre from IOS is not possible.

#4  marek22 03-07-2019, 09:44 AM
Thanks

#5  upnseams 06-08-2019, 01:57 PM
How can I get my books on my computer from calibre to my Ipad pro. Thanks

#6  DuskyRose 06-09-2019, 11:54 AM
I save all my books to epub from Calibre first, in folders made from the 'tag' column. I save them in epub format.

I use a ios program called "Filebrowser" on my ipads, and connect to my main computer. Then copy my epubs to it through wifi. You can password protect the files in the app if you want to.

Then I go to the right folder on Filebrowser, find the ebook I want, and click on it and choose "Open in" and it'll show my options on that device. I use Marvin. It'll send the epub to Marvin's library.

Then just open Marvin and select the book and read.

#7  HarryT 06-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Quote upnseams
How can I get my books on my computer from calibre to my Ipad pro. Thanks
The easiest way is to use the Calibre server.

#8  kyteflyer 06-09-2019, 08:34 PM
Quote HarryT
The easiest way is to use the Calibre server.
Agreed. You can access via your reading app if it has allowed it, or via a web browser, and go from there via "open in". I tried Calibre Companion but found it redundant so have dispensed with it.

#9  HarryT 06-10-2019, 02:25 AM
Quote kyteflyer
Agreed. You can access via your reading app if it has allowed it, or via a web browser, and go from there via "open in". I tried Calibre Companion but found it redundant so have dispensed with it.
It depends whether you want to have your Calibre library stored on your iPad, or just to be able to access your PC/Mac library from your iPad. If the former, use Calibre Companion, if the latter, the Calibre Server.

#10  kyteflyer 06-10-2019, 05:18 PM
Quote HarryT
It depends whether you want to have your Calibre library stored on your iPad, or just to be able to access your PC/Mac library from your iPad. If the former, use Calibre Companion, if the latter, the Calibre Server.
Yeah. I used to want a lot stored on my iphone (i dont use my ipads for reading) but that was back in the Stanza days, and before I began storing my Calibre library in Dropbox. So I can get to books wherever I am, and no need for taking up valuable storage space on the phone.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register