Mobileread
Inkbook Explore
#1  airbus02 07-17-2018, 03:48 PM
This is supposed to be released some time very soon. It's a 7.8 inch 300 dpi reader and probably made by Boyue, but it's different from the Likebook and Icarus versions.

It includes physical page turn buttons, has a 3,000 mah battery instead of 2800, and is based on Android 4.42, has color warmth adjustment.
not clear if it takes an sd card.
It almost sound like the Boyue 10.3, but with a 7.8" screen.

I've e-mailed inkbook about it, but they haven't answered my e-mails (not an especially good sign).

The one possible downside is that the quad core 1.6 is replaced with a single core processor.

I'm looking for the following.
1. I need Kindle
2. I want to use Overdrive for audiobooks
3. I'd like access to google docs, keep, and calendar
4. I'd like to be able to use a keyboard for writing outdoors. I use a logitech k380 which apparently is Bluetooth 3 (surprised me).

Up to now the Likebook has been the best candidate. Does anyone know if the Inkbook Explore can manage these things?

off topic, I have a Paperwhite 3 and a rooted Nook Simple Touch. I got out the Simple Touch recently and sort of shocked by how good it is as a reader. There's no light, not high resolution, etc. What's up with that? If only it did a later version of Android.

#2  carltonbp 07-30-2018, 09:47 AM
This looks just like I wanted, 7.8 with buttons and micro sd and light.

#3  DaleDe 07-31-2018, 08:23 PM
I have created a wiki page InkBOOK explore@Wiki » for this product. There is a presale already available for delivery in September. The first 200 orders get a free case.

Dale

#4  dkfoop3 08-09-2018, 03:55 PM
Up

Helpfull stuff, thx dude !

#5  azayn 09-02-2018, 10:24 PM
Looks like a promising device, especially with the built-in support for Google Play. The Inkbook Lumos just went on sale at Amazon for $99. Hopefully this will also be priced competitively.

#6  airbus02 09-15-2018, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure how this will be a competitive product with the Boyue Mars. The Inkbook Explore's release kept getting delayed and now their supplier has just released a model with the same screen and a much better processor for close to the same price. I can't imagine that Inkbook is terribly happy about this.

#7  afainber 10-04-2018, 03:00 AM
My Inkbook Explore just arrived.

Initial impressions:
1. Screen flush with bezel - very nice
2. Much ligher than the Boyue Likebook Plus that I have
3. Auto screen rotation - not very useful for me, but I have not seen this feature in any other Android reader
4. The warm front-light is very pleasant
5. Does not come with Google Play
6. I tried to root it with both KingRoot, KingoRoot (using both the APK and via a PC) and failed.
7. Alreader crashes when I try run it

More soon

#8  afainber 10-04-2018, 05:19 AM
Don't know how, but after several attempts, the PC version of KingoRoot worked, so it's rooted now. Will try to install Google Play next.

#9  JawadLeLogeur 10-05-2018, 10:19 AM
Quote afainber
Don't know how, but after several attempts, the PC version of KingoRoot worked, so it's rooted now. Will try to install Google Play next.
I'd be happy to hear your opinion of the device over the next week

#10  afainber 10-05-2018, 01:14 PM
Quote JawadLeLogeur
I'd be happy to hear your opinion of the device over the next week
Absolutely!

Currently I have a blocker not being able to run Alreader, but I reached out to the its developer, so helpfully he'll help (looks like the issue is that the device is mistakenly detected as an Onyx, but it's different ).

Once I can run, I'll start reading on it and will write my impressions here.

Next »  Last »  (1/6)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register