Mobileread
Narrators with Multiple Names
#1  tubemonkey 04-29-2018, 02:35 AM
Some narrators record under multiple names for various reasons. Below is a listing of these narrators. The name in bold is the narrator's real name and is linked to the source of this information. It's followed by the aliases the narrator also uses.

This list is meant to be a reference. If you know of other narrators that can be added to this list, please post the information along with a link for verification. Thanks.

Narrator --> Aliases.

#2  tubemonkey 04-29-2018, 02:40 AM
Quote issybird
Wanda McCaddon is the real name of Nadia May; she records under both names as well as a third, Donada Peters.
I've seen all three names before, but never realized they were the same person. Now I'm very interested in knowing who else is doing this.

#3  issybird 04-29-2018, 09:54 AM
I don't think it's just my particular tic, but I always think of a narrator by the name with which I first encountered him/her. Wanda McCaddon is always Nadia May to me irrespective of which name she's used; David Case is always Frederick Davidson, even though I know their real names.

It's also interesting, at least to me, that a narrator can have recorded a book more than once under different names. I have no rule of thumb for which might be "better." The later one, because the narrator is more experienced or the technology is noticeably better? The earlier one, because a younger voice is a better fit? I'm sure there are other factors as well.

#4  Bookworm_Girl 04-29-2018, 05:10 PM
Grover Gardner has also recorded as Alexander Adams.

#5  Bookworm_Girl 04-29-2018, 05:14 PM
Here's another one.

https://nowinaudio.com/simon-vance-audio-book-narrator/
In the past Simon has also narrated as Richard Matthews, Robert Whitfield and John Richmond

#6  pendragginp 05-12-2018, 03:37 PM
Quote issybird
I don't think it's just my particular tic, but I always think of a narrator by the name with which I first encountered him/her. Wanda McCaddon is always Nadia May to me irrespective of which name she's used; David Case is always Frederick Davidson, even though I know their real names.

It's also interesting, at least to me, that a narrator can have recorded a book more than once under different names. I have no rule of thumb for which might be "better." The later one, because the narrator is more experienced or the technology is noticeably better? The earlier one, because a younger voice is a better fit? I'm sure there are other factors as well.
Oh, someone else who likes Nadia May/Wanda McCaddon! She is one of the few narrators I will specifically search for, if I'm casually looking for a book and don't have a title in mind.

#7  BenG 05-25-2018, 11:48 PM
Grover Gardner was Tom Parker for Blackstone and Alexander Adams for Books on Tape. Many narrators are actors and early on union rules weren't clear about audio narration so they sometimes used an alias to avoid problems.

#8  Amazondoc 06-29-2018, 02:18 PM
Kate Reading is Jennifer Mendenhall.
Michael Kramer is Nick Barnard.
Lloyd James is Sean Pratt.
Marguerite Gavin is Shannon Parks.

Reading and Kramer are married; James and Gavin are married.

I don't know if they've ever recorded under their real names, though.

Oh, also -- Ralph Cosham is (was) Geoffrey Howard.

#9  CRussel 06-29-2018, 02:55 PM
Quote issybird

Now see, Wanda McCaddon is always Donada Peters for me. (first encounter as the definitive narrator for West With the Night on the old Books on Tape.)

David Case is David Case for me, though I recognize the Frederick Davidson one as well.

#10  FizzyWater 06-29-2018, 07:55 PM
I don't know how to prove it, but someone told me the narrator James Langton also narrates as Roger Hampton. I couldn't find anything online except that the Tantor descriptions of the two narrators sound very similar and Hampton's blurb doesn't include a picture.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register