Mobileread
'Unable to processÂ… Please try again later.' trying to update uploads
#1  Chris Jones 02-06-2020, 04:27 PM
I am trying to go to 'edit -> advanced' and then 'manage attachments' on a dozen e-books uploads I did the other day… I need to upload new version because the original versions had a global problem relative to incorrect punctuation.

Instead of reaching the usual 'advanced' screen that has a 'manage attachments' button near the bottom I see the following message:

'Unable to process the request. Please try again later.'

I have 'tried later' quite a few times and still having this problem.

Please advise,

CJ

#2  BookCat 02-07-2020, 04:02 PM
Which software are you working with?

#3  PeterT 02-07-2020, 07:23 PM
I think he's having issues on the website

#4  GrannyGrump 02-12-2020, 08:27 PM
There is a limit on how many posts you can edit (I think it might be three), and then you have to wait (one hour??) --- I am fuzzy on the details, but I am sure someone will pop in soon with all the real facts.

#5  theducks 02-13-2020, 11:56 AM
Quote GrannyGrump
There is a limit on how many posts you can edit (I think it might be three), and then you have to wait (one hour??) --- I am fuzzy on the details, but I am sure someone will pop in soon with all the real facts.
Make sense as an anti-spammer policy.
Bulk anything, especially from lower post count users, might look like a SPAM flood.

#6  Chris Jones 02-13-2020, 01:40 PM
Thanks. With this inconvenience I pretty much lost track of which books I had uploaded. Three message edits before you get bounced with an error message sounds about right. I'll go through the motions again starting from scratch when I get a chance… making sure I keep track of which books I uploaded… I guess the trick here is to get it right first time around… CJ

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register