Mobileread
FREE/BARGAIN - Horror/Supernatural
#1071  BetterRead 04-03-2020, 11:50 AM
The complete list of Paperbacks from Hell reprints -- 10 titles so far -- can be found on the publisher's website.

http://www.valancourtbooks.com/paperbacksfromhell.html

#1072  Dr. Drib 04-03-2020, 01:08 PM
Quote BetterRead
The complete list of Paperbacks from Hell reprints -- 10 titles so far -- can be found on the publisher's website.

Thank you!

#1073  ZodWallop 04-03-2020, 01:35 PM
Quote Dr. Drib
Also - as previously mentioned a year or two back - don't forget to read the INCREDIBLE history of sleaze-covered paperbacks and their impact upon popular culture:

"Paperbacks From Hell", by Grady Hendrix.
Quote BetterRead

Paperbacks From Hell is also currently on sale for $2.99 at Amazon US.

#1074  Dr. Drib 04-03-2020, 02:29 PM
^ That's an incredible price. I highly recommend this book for anyone interested in looking at covers in color and for anyone interested in understanding the cultural influence of sleaze-horror.

That term I used is not correct, however. There are some fine reads listed in that book.

#1075  ZodWallop 04-04-2020, 12:28 AM
Quote Dr. Drib
^ That's an incredible price. I highly recommend this book for anyone interested in looking at covers in color
Yeah, I'll likely read this book on my Surface.

and for anyone interested in understanding the cultural influence of sleaze-horror.

That term I used is not correct, however. There are some fine reads listed in that book.
Why can't sleaze-horror be a fine read

#1076  ZodWallop 04-04-2020, 12:35 AM
I've started Inside by D.M. Siciliano (which is on sale for $0.99 at Amazon US).

So far I like it. It's a first novel through a small publisher and near the beginning there's this error:

“Hurry up, Alex,” Reid yelled back over his shoulder. “We’re almost there!”Reid yelled back over his shoulder.
But so far, I'm enjoying it. Here's a synopsis:

1987 “Does it burn in the dark?”

Reid is a bully, but he’s still Alex’s best friend. When Reid pushes Alex and their friends into invading a historically haunted Massachusetts house, Alex knows it’s a terrible idea, but indulges his friend. What could go wrong?

Inside, a mysterious Shadow looms in the darkness. The door to the house vanishes, leaving them trapped. The group flees through the tiny, one-roomed house that defies logic, constantly shifting, presenting them with new doors, hallways, and rooms that seem to be plucked from their memories and fears. One by one, the Shadow hunts them, intent on burning them all from within.

Is there any way to escape? Or will they be burned from the inside out?

#1077  ZodWallop 04-05-2020, 01:25 AM
Breeder by Douglas Clegg is $0.99 at Amazon US.

From Douglas Clegg comes a nightmarish vision of Washington, D.C.-where shadows and mystery linger in the alleys, and where the haunts of the past come to life. This House has a Name... Rachel Adair thought Draper House in Washington, D.C, would be the perfect place for her and her husband, Hugh, to try and start a family. But as soon they moved into the century-old townhouse, the nightmares began: horrific images of the child Rachel lost; the unforgivable sins of Hugh's father; scenes of blood-curdling rituals...and the scraping sounds of an even greater terror that lives within the walls...

#1078  Dr. Drib 04-05-2020, 11:06 AM
Quote ZodWallop
I've started Inside by D.M. Siciliano (which is on sale for $0.99 at Amazon US).

So far I like it. It's a first novel through a small publisher and near the beginning there's this error:

But so far, I'm enjoying it. Here's a synopsis:

"I haven't read this one," I exclaimed over my left shoulder, as I ran to catch the bus. "Tell us if it's any good," I exclaimed over left shoulder, as I ran to catch the bus.

#1079  radbaddude 04-05-2020, 11:28 AM
Hell's Waiting Room by C.V. Hunt
Amazon US FREE

A reclusive couple's power goes out and they are forced to use their scarce survivalist supplies to live off the grid.

All of her books are free today only!
https://www.amazon.com/C.-V.-Hunt/e/B004OOQKG6
https://twitter.com/CVHunt/status/1246701606659403778

#1080  ZodWallop 04-05-2020, 12:02 PM
Jack Quaid's Last Final Girl series is on sale at Amazon US. $0.99 per book. A silly over the top take on slashers. 'Jack Quaid' has two other equally goofy series, also $0.99 each. Hard Boiled, a takeoff of police action movies and World War Metal, a supermodel takes on rampaging robots. As you can see, this is high literature I'm sharing here.

Escape from Happydale
Stephen King meets Quentin Tarantino

At the end of every horror movie, one girl always survives the deadly slasher… In this case, Parker Ames not only survives, she turns the tables and dedicates her life to hunting and destroying the monsters that stalk slumber parties and campsites all across the country.

Ten years after the horrific events known as the Massacre at Coffin Bay, Parker’s world has been flipped totally upside down. She’s no longer the nerdy teenage girl who would run and hide from the things that go bump in the night. Now Parker is the thing that goes bump in the night.

After years of traveling the country and hunting some of the world’s most dangerous slashers, Parker returns home when she hears that Hurricane Williams, the deranged slasher who slaughtered her family, has resurfaced and continued his killing spree. Armed with her trusty chain saw, affectionately named Aerosmith, she sets out on a path of revenge and redemption.
Escape From Bastard Town
Parker Ames is back… well, kinda.

She’s been out of the hacking and slashing business for over a year. The killer teddy bears, haunted cars and the downright weirdness of it all was just too much for her. But when a couple of kids from an isolated Alaskan town need her help with a slasher that’s putting a severe dent in the population, she can’t say no.

But does Parker still have what it takes to confront evil head on?
Escape From Slaughter Beach
Hurricane Williams is back—and he wants revenge!

Ten years after her showdown with deranged killer Hurricane Williams, Parker Ames has left all her hacking and slashing ways behind her. She used to spend her nights beheading slashers and washing blood from her hair. Now her nights are spent going to PTA meetings and helping her daughter with her home work… and she couldn’t be happier.

That is until Hurricane Williams rolls into town with a score to settle.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (108/114)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register