Mobileread
The Jim Butcher Files: Dresden . Codex Alera . Cinder Spires & More
#8471  John F 03-28-2020, 05:53 PM
Quote Tarana
Authors make their biggest chunk of money from hard cover sales, so I don't see this book being released as either an ebook or audiobook unless the hardcover can also be released. Chances are, they aren't even printed yet. Already used a credit on the preorder, so I just have to wait......

With the reports of how dire the publishing industry is, I tend to think they would take any sales they can get.

Can someone refresh my memory? Looking on Amazon, the ebook price and pbook price are the same, so is there more profit selling a pbook than an ebook?

#8472  JSWolf 03-28-2020, 07:22 PM
Quote Tarana
Authors make their biggest chunk of money from hard cover sales, so I don't see this book being released as either an ebook or audiobook unless the hardcover can also be released. Chances are, they aren't even printed yet. Already used a credit on the preorder, so I just have to wait......

I'm nearly done with a relisten of White Knight. I picked up Brief Cases so will have an extra book to listen to during the delay.
With eBooks being very close (if not the same or more) then the pBook, I would think that would not longer matter if it was the pBook or eBook that sold. And give that the pBook will be unable to come out on the release date, I would think the eBook should be released on the release date.

#8473  Tarana 03-31-2020, 12:35 AM
I was just notified that the release of The Last Druid by Terry Brooks (final book in Shannara series) has been delayed from June 2 to October 27. Don't be surprised if this happens with Peace Talks as well.

#8474  DuckieTigger 03-31-2020, 01:49 PM
Quote JSWolf
With eBooks being very close (if not the same or more) then the pBook, I would think that would not longer matter if it was the pBook or eBook that sold. And give that the pBook will be unable to come out on the release date, I would think the eBook should be released on the release date.
You are forgetting the wholesale vs agency pricing. When a HC book sells close to ebook price, there is still more money going to the publisher on each HC book vs ebook. The HC list price of Peace Talks is $28, the wholesale price is about half that, or $14, Amazon lists it at $18.02. The agency ebook price of Peace Talks is set at $14.99. Publisher gets only 70% of that, or $10.49.

So no, HC is still more lucrative, no matter how you look at it. If you can sell it, that is.

#8475  alansplace 04-18-2020, 12:23 PM
Deal Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, Book 3)

image »

#8476  alansplace 04-21-2020, 04:18 PM
You can still snag the first three Dresden Files books at a reduced rate, and we’re adding Skin Game for $2.99! If you have friends who are stuck at home because of social distancing and on the lookout for a new series, now is the perfect time to catch up!

Storm Front at $2.99: ​

Grave Peril at $5.99: ​

Fool Moon at $3.99: ​

Skin Game at $2.99: ​

Amazon -- Apple Books -- Books-A-Million -- Barnes & Noble -- Google -- Kobo

#8477  alansplace 04-24-2020, 07:50 PM
show attachment »

Battle Ground (Dresden #17) hits stores September 29th, just 2 1/2 months after Peace Talks (Dresden #16) on July 14th!

#8478  haertig 04-26-2020, 12:50 PM
Quote alansplace
Battle Ground (Dresden #17) hits stores September 29th
Thanks for the heads up. I managed to get a low number library hold on the eBook (one of my libraries here is extremely good about announcing copies of new eBooks way in advance of publication date).

#8479  Tarana 04-26-2020, 02:53 PM
You can now pre-order Battle Ground at Audible. Most of us can wait but I know some of you temporarily quit your Audible account and want to use your credits up before you quit.

#8480  Hitch 04-26-2020, 03:51 PM
Quote alansplace
show attachment »

Battle Ground (Dresden #17) hits stores September 29th, just 2 1/2 months after Peace Talks (Dresden #16) on July 14th!
Note to self: Peace Talks ends on a cliffhanger.

Hitch

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (848/849)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register