Mobileread
Boox releasing 5 new devices
#11  norweger 09-20-2020, 09:27 PM
They're gonna livestream the product release on YouTube in just two hours. Hurray!
update.JPG 

#12  Crowriver 09-20-2020, 11:30 PM
Well the two new Boox products look very good. Firmware 3.0 is pretty impressive I must say - lots of features that people have been asking for. The Note Air looks like direct competition to the reMarkable 2, more than I thought it would. The Max Lumi is a logical next step for the 13.3" reader line. Interesting developments both. I don't really need the Max as I already have an earlier model, but the Note Air could tempt me at that price point, maybe not right now but in the near future perhaps.

I presume the other three models will launch in the coming months.

#13  norweger 09-21-2020, 12:13 AM
Max Lumi
Retail price $879.99
#EarlyBirdPrice $859.99 (21st-28th September)

Compared with predecessor
• Upgraded processor (Octa-cure CPU; Single-core is 50 % more responsive, multicore is 15 % more responsive)
• Front light
• 13.3 inch FLEXIBLE display
• Android 10
• Lasts up to 6 weeks on standby (not sure what other onyx devices do)
• Split screen letting you run any two third party apps at the same time
• Swap position of the two apps in split screen
• Changes to RAM: same size, but faster transfer speeds. If it takes 5 seconds to open a huge document on Max 3, it may take you less than half that time on this device
• More responsive than predecessor when used as a second monitor
Ultra responsiveness

Note Air
Retail price $479.99
#EarlyBirdPrice $459.99 (21st-28th September)
(The Note Air orders will be shipped before 10th October.)

• Android 10 ("more intelligent, more secure and more compatible with 3rd party apps", the latter part sounding good; they've got TeamViewer installed in the showcase app)
• 5.8 mm thickness
• 10.3 inch HD E Ink Carta Display
• Anti glare glass cover
• Ergonomic design for effortless one-hand holding (I hold it at the short side when using in horizontal, and short side when in portrait as well, and alas, the one-hand stuff is at the long side)
Looks friggin smooth with the bluetooth keyboard here
It's so often I meet people and want to take notes, without a color-popping iPad or Android display
It looks like the Onyx Boox Note Air would hold more steady when connected to the bluetooth keyboard, due to having a heaviest part closest to the keyboard
• 3GB LPDDR4X RAM + 32GB eMMC ROM
• Upgraded Octa-core processor
• A Quality Built-in Speaker
• Bluetooth 5.0
• App Drawer for not much used apps
• Automatic Screen Rotation
• Improved Writing Experience with BOOX pen (new pen, grooves and magnetic design, sticking to the side of the screen when not used; 4096-level pressure sensitivity)
• "Unconventional color ways". "we put advanced hardware and software into Note Air and make it a one of a kind tablet with large capacity, an intelligent open system and unconventional color ways" (color ways? unconventional??)

If you want to order from our Amazon stores, please wait for some time due to the shipping transition time. Early-bird discounts only apply to our official shop at https://shop.boox.com and our Aliexpress shop at https://bit.ly/32M9bLX

#14  norweger 09-21-2020, 12:20 AM
Quote Crowriver
I don't really need the Max as I already have an earlier model, but the Note Air could tempt me at that price point, maybe not right now but in the near future perhaps.

I presume the other three models will launch in the coming months.
#metoo

I'd love the Note Air, only question is if the upcoming Note 3 is stronger and better. Hopefully we'll know more about it soon. The Onyx people have said they'll reveal more about the upcoming phone in September. Whether they'll follow thru, I don't know. But hopefully they'll open the kimono before the month is over.

#15  rpvreviews 09-21-2020, 12:23 AM
just watched premiere video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KebhYxNBeJ4

#16  Dr. Drib 09-21-2020, 09:15 AM
Re: the video:

DON'T
do what he did at 2:05 !

________

At 3:11, I think they mean 'trials'.

#17  Nate the great 09-21-2020, 11:40 AM
Quote Crowriver
Well on that evidence then the Max Lumi is also designed for landscape use...
looking at the orientation of the logos, I would say you are wrong and they are right

#18  hobnail 09-21-2020, 02:56 PM
Does any other company churn out new iterations of their products as often as Boox does?

#19  Crowriver 09-21-2020, 04:03 PM
Quote Nate the great
looking at the orientation of the logos, I would say you are wrong and they are right
If you watch the launch video it's not the case. It even describes the large bezel as being for holding the device more easily. Like a Kobo Forma or Libra for example. You can see it used in the video in several orientations, because it has auto-rotate like a conventional tablet.

The logo is neither here nor there: a design flourish to set it at a jaunty angle.

#20  Nate the great 09-21-2020, 09:13 PM
Quote Crowriver
If you watch the launch video it's not the case. It even describes the large bezel as being for holding the device more easily. Like a Kobo Forma or Libra for example. You can see it used in the video in several orientations, because it has auto-rotate like a conventional tablet.

The logo is neither here nor there: a design flourish to set it at a jaunty angle.
just a coincidence, right?
https://the-digital-reader.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/onyx-boox-note-air-1.jpg

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/11)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register