Mobileread
Boox releasing 5 new devices
#101  M4H35H 10-07-2020, 04:06 AM
Quote ottischwenk
Before the Note Air was released, we tested its durability with a pressure test and a torsion test.
But can it survive a drop? From, say, waist height? Maybe it is a new kind of glass. I guess we'll see.

#102  ottischwenk 10-07-2020, 06:53 AM
Quote M4H35H
But can it survive a drop? From, say, waist height? Maybe it is a new kind of glass. I guess we'll see.
I've never dropped a device before.
I take great care of that.

#103  Dr. Drib 10-07-2020, 08:06 AM
Quote M4H35H

It will survive a ten-story drop, but if you drop it onto a carpet from 6 inches high it will shatter.

Seriously, what one person will not drop, another person will. Just hope it's not you.

Or me.

Accidents happen.

#104  ottischwenk 10-07-2020, 09:24 AM
Quote Futuregrace
For real though, what is the thought of going to a glass Carta screen? What positive reason is there for doing this? Price? Writing ability? etc?
Its very simple.
A Mobius Display Module isnt possible with this design.

#105  Futuregrace 10-07-2020, 09:31 AM
Quote ottischwenk
Its very simple.
A Mobius Display Module isnt possible with this design.
Do you mean it can't have the Oasis like side handle because the Mobius Display has the connector piece at the bottom/top of screen instead of side?

#106  ottischwenk 10-07-2020, 09:47 AM
Quote Futuregrace
Do you mean it can't have the Oasis like side handle because the Mobius Display has the connector piece at the bottom/top of screen instead of side?
You can see here:
Unlike the Mobius flexible screen that we’ve applied on Note2, Max3, Max Lumi and other models, the 10.3'’ E Ink Carta screen determines that the screen FPC (Flexible Printed Circuit) has to be arranged on the side.

« First  « Prev   (11/11)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register