Mobileread
Multi-cast audiobooks
#41  Paperbackstash 07-22-2020, 12:20 PM
A friend gifted me the Dracula all-cast and I second that it is very well-done. I was enraptured. Good cast, although the voice for Lucy got on my nerves a bit, everything else was great. As a rare thing, I enjoyed the audio version more than I did physically reading the book.

#42  Paperbackstash 07-22-2020, 12:30 PM
Quote Catlady
Audible's Silver plan has been perfect for me. One credit every two months, for $14, gets me the member pricing and access to all the sales and perks, and I can buy extra credits as needed.

Audible has enough books that I can't get at my library, so I like having a membership.
I don't see a silver plan?
Plan Cost # of Credits
Gold Monthly $14.95 per month 1 per month
Platinum Monthly $22.95 per month 2 per month
Gold Annual $149.50 per year 12 per year
Platinum Annual $229.50 per year 24 per year
Audible Escape Subscription $12.95/month for standalone customers $6.95/month for Audible Members or Kindle Unlimited Members No credits

I see the Escape is 6.95 but they have no credits.

#43  Catlady 07-22-2020, 12:35 PM
Quote Paperbackstash
A friend gifted me the Dracula all-cast and I second that it is very well-done. I was enraptured. Good cast, although the voice for Lucy got on my nerves a bit, everything else was great. As a rare thing, I enjoyed the audio version more than I did physically reading the book.
Another multicast audiobook that is quite well done is this version of Wilkie Collins's Woman in White. Since, like Dracula, it is also an epistolary novel, the structure lends itself to the multicast approach. It's in Overdrive, so your library may have it.

#44  SeaBookGuy 07-22-2020, 12:49 PM
Quote Paperbackstash
I don't see a silver plan?
Plan Cost # of Credits
Gold Monthly $14.95 per month 1 per month
Platinum Monthly $22.95 per month 2 per month
Gold Annual $149.50 per year 12 per year
Platinum Annual $229.50 per year 24 per year
Audible Escape Subscription $12.95/month for standalone customers $6.95/month for Audible Members or Kindle Unlimited Members No credits

I see the Escape is 6.95 but they have no credits.
It's not a publicly promoted plan. You'd have to call to inquire, although it may only be available as a "downgrade" to retain those with regular plans?

#45  Catlady 07-22-2020, 06:43 PM
Quote SeaBookGuy
It's not a publicly promoted plan. You'd have to call to inquire, although it may only be available as a "downgrade" to retain those with regular plans?
I had an annual plan and was going to switch to monthly since I still had credits. One of the options offered was the Silver plan, which I'd never heard of. I guess if you don't see it offered, you would need to call.

« First  « Prev   (5/5)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register