Mobileread
New Onyx Boox Nova2!
#1  pinko 03-23-2020, 08:32 AM
Ok, there is a new ebook reader in town
Onyx Boox Nova2 promises very well: more powerful processor (Qualcomm ), memory and loger battery life, better connectivity, microphone, Android 9.0 and OTG support.

Here all the info and a video teaser
https://notebookitalia.it/onyx-boox-nova2-specifiche-tecniche-prezzo-video-29531

Bye

#2  Gibbo 03-23-2020, 09:18 AM
Yep, hopefully we'll get android 9, fingers crossed.

#3  ottischwenk 03-23-2020, 11:43 AM
Quote Gibbo
Yep, hopefully we'll get android 9, fingers crossed.
What problem do you have with the existing Android version that you absolutely want a new version?
Everything works for me.

#4  Gibbo 03-23-2020, 12:19 PM
Quote ottischwenk
What problem do you have with the existing Android version that you absolutely want a new version?
Everything works for me.
I've no problems with android 6 everything runs smoothly it's just that if you promise something you should deliver.

#5  ottischwenk 03-23-2020, 12:30 PM
Quote Gibbo
I've no problems with android 6 everything runs smoothly it's just that if you promise something you should deliver.
Yes, if it is possible!

#6  N8Walker 03-24-2020, 05:27 AM
Seems to be a Nova Pro upgrade.
IMHO: WiFi dual-band (2.4GHz/5GHz) + OTG are the only benefits to a Nova Pro.
Better hardware (speed/ram/android) will not be noticeable in most of the use cases.

This release buried my hope that nova Pro will get an android 9 update. (So ​​far, Onyx has only supplied new devices with a new os-versions (Android 6 to 9 would be a huge jump)).

I have returned my nova pro and will wait for the nova 2 (5GHz wifi is the main reason).

#7  Gibbo 03-24-2020, 06:33 AM
Got this reply from @OnyxBoox twitter response to my inquiry about the Android upgrade:
Screenshot_20200324-102958_Twitter.jpg 

#8  whopper 03-25-2020, 12:29 AM
Quote Gibbo
Got this reply from @OnyxBoox twitter response to my inquiry about the Android upgrade:
yeah,. typical from onyx, just lie lie and lie about updates, release new devices and then stop answering anything about the old ones.

From "android 9 on november" to we are working on porting some feature to android 6.

suuuure onyx, sure. It makes a lot of sense to lose your time porting things to A6 when those already exists on the upgrade that you promised for later.

don't believe their lies.

#9  N8Walker 03-25-2020, 09:31 AM
it's no use bashing onyxboox.

From my point of view there is no device out there, that offers me as much as a nova does.

Everyone should make a decision for himself whether he buys one now or wait for the next release, that's the consequence of this kind of marketing. I returned my nova pro, bought 2 days earlier. I was in the same situation 8 years ago buying an Onyx Boox i62 HD + Light. At that time onyx stared releasing new devices with android. I never got an update
even though onyx released some identical (tech.specs) devices with android.

I dropped the i62 two weeks ago after 8 years of use, otherwise I would have continued to use it.
(8 years, no issues and perfect battery life, even without android or maybe because of the lack of android ?! :-D)

#10  pinko 03-25-2020, 02:40 PM
Ok, there are the first live photos and the video of Onyx Boox Nova 2.
I don't see many differences with the Nova 1 about design, but it's a real hardware upgrade. sounds good

Unboxing video and first start -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyEwp073e4I

There are also interesting details in the article -> https://notebookitalia.it/onyx-boox-nova-2-unboxing-primo-avvio-video-anteprima-29540

Next »  Last »  (1/19)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register