Mobileread
Librera Book Reader for Android and e-ink readers
#11  Sitka 05-15-2018, 02:51 PM
Hi foobnix, I just installed Librera for the first time and I can't find the English tutorial. When I go to the link on Librera.mobi, Dropbox says it has been "archived". Is there another place to find it? Thanks!

#12  foobnix 05-17-2018, 04:38 AM
Quote Sitka
Hi foobnix, I just installed Librera for the first time and I can't find the English tutorial. When I go to the link on Librera.mobi, Dropbox says it has been "archived". Is there another place to find it? Thanks!
Sorry, at this time tutorial is out of date and not available. I am planning to finish one important task and create tutorial and video.

#13  foregistries 07-10-2018, 09:00 AM
best for the phone. gonna try it on my reader too. thanx a lot.

#14  Adoby 07-16-2018, 11:07 AM
I reset my Bouye Likebook Plus. And I didn't reinstall Librera Pro.

I liked Librera Pro, but there where problems:

1. It was VERY slow when opening a book. Other e-reader software is much faster.

2. Sometimes it skipped parts of the text. Especially towards the end of chapters. The text should have been on the top of one page, but didn't show. Very annoying when the end of a sentence or a paragraph on the previous page is never shown. Or the start of one on the current. The only(?) way to fix that was to change the size of the font so the "page breaks" changed. I assume it is some weird rounding error to do with where to place page breaks.

I could live with it being slow to open books. But skipping parts of the text was a definitive deal breaker...

Now I am back to Moon+ Reader pro on my Bouye LikeBook plus. No text skipped...

#15  foobnix 07-16-2018, 04:08 PM
Quote Adoby
I could live with it being slow to open books. But skipping parts of the text was a definitive deal breaker...
Could you please send me the book with skip text problem?

#16  Adoby 07-17-2018, 07:32 AM
It seemed to be any book. I mainly use epubs. Happened at most a few times per book, seemingly at random and either not all books or I didn't notice it sometimes. Hard to reproduce. It depended on the font and font size used and margins and so on. Change anything and the page breaks move and the error goes away. Or perhaps move to some other page break. That was how I fixed it when I noticed it while reading. I did something that moved the page breaks, like change font size.

So even if I sent you a book, where it happened, I doubt that you could reproduce it on demand unless you use the exact same reader, font, font size, indentations, margins and so on...

#17  foobnix 07-18-2018, 09:22 AM
Quote Adoby
So even if I sent you a book, where it happened, I doubt that you could reproduce it on demand unless you use the exact same reader, font, font size, indentations, margins and so on...
Please use the latest version on Librera, test with the latest update (released few days ago) if the problem still exist I need the book to see it source, CSS, html and other to understand why the problem appear and how to fix it.
Thank you.

#18  Adoby 07-19-2018, 09:17 AM
I understand. However I can't help you. I no longer have Librera Pro installed. That was my way of fixing the problem. Sorry...

#19  foobnix 11-20-2018, 07:13 AM
Librera Reader 7.11.31

A major update based on readers feedback
Fast read mode (RSVP) for all formats and PDF
Selecting text with start and end markers
Text selection and search in DjVu documents
Folders with images can be opened like a book
Option to change the status bar position (Top or Bottom) in Book mode
Bookmarks are now linked to reading progress percentage values

librera.mobi/wiki/what-is-new/7.11

#20  foobnix 11-22-2018, 09:23 AM
Do not miss the big discount on the Librera PRO in Black Friday 2018