Mobileread
Boox Nova Pro?
#11  Futuregrace 03-07-2019, 09:42 PM
Does nova pro have a flush screen?

#12  helen19770707 03-08-2019, 03:20 AM
Quote Futuregrace
Does nova pro have a flush screen?
Yes, Nova Pro has a flush screen. For more detail, you could find here. http://www.abc6.com/story/40052116/versatile-ereader-with-frontlight-boox-nova-pro

#13  Futuregrace 03-08-2019, 11:15 AM
Quote helen19770707
Yes, Nova Pro has a flush screen. For more detail, you could find here. http://www.abc6.com/story/40052116/versatile-ereader-with-frontlight-boox-nova-pro
That link doesnÂ’t actually go to a story on nova pro

#14  Question Mark 03-08-2019, 11:20 AM
Quote Futuregrace
That link doesn’t actually go to a story on nova pro
The link worked when I clicked on it and the story/ad/press release mentioned the screen was flush with the bezel.

#15  jscris 03-08-2019, 11:45 AM
The listing is there with
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

#16  Futuregrace 03-08-2019, 04:16 PM
Link worked for me later, thanks for sharing that.
I was ready to purchase from Amazon, but they're sold out already. Shame it's so hard to purchase Onyx in U.S.

#17  bit101 03-08-2019, 09:56 PM
Quote Futuregrace
Link worked for me later, thanks for sharing that.
I was ready to purchase from Amazon, but they're sold out already. Shame it's so hard to purchase Onyx in U.S.
Whoa... I bought yesterday from Amazon. I guess I made it just in time.

#18  bit101 03-09-2019, 05:40 PM
Bought the Nova Pro and case from Amazon. The case arrived today. Device itself will be another week and a half.

The case is made from a nylon-like material on the outside, felt inside. Somewhat stiff, but nowhere near as stiff as my Kindle default case. Very light. Has a loop on the cover for the stylus.

Wish I had more to report, but that's it.

#19  maximus83 03-09-2019, 07:30 PM
Will be interested to hear your review after using it. Especially on 3 points, if you have time:
1. Performance on more demanding tasks besides reading. Like: running video, loading a complex page (like CNN.com) in the browser, etc.
2. Ability to run the Google Play store and standard apps that you like, for reading or other things. Email, video, whatever.
3. Battery life.

I will also be interested over time to see if folks have any issues with these new e-ink Androids that are running v6. That seems to me like a security breach waiting to happen, as Google stopped patching that version long, long ago. But as someone said in another thread, maybe there is less risk with these e-ink androids for people who are using them ONLY as an ereader. That may well be true, particularly if you don't install any apps that have to do with shopping, payment, authentication, or email. But then...why bother getting an ANDROID e-reader, if you're not going to use any of those Android apps besides the reader ones?

#20  bit101 03-09-2019, 08:01 PM
I will no doubt test all those various things, and will report back. But to be honest, I'm only interested in:

1. A decent reading experience. I love my Kindle Paperwhite 4, but have been thinking of moving up to an Oasis for the larger screen size. Also, a better experience with viewing PDFs.

2. The note taking / rough sketching experience.

I'm generally not too far from a full-blown computer, rarely if ever away from my smartphone, and have more than one traditional Android tablet kicking around.

Video, email, web browsing, etc. would be a novelty for me, and far better accomplished on one of my other devices.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/14)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register