Mobileread
Jump to location of annotation?
#1  withbellson 02-17-2021, 12:54 AM
I grew fed up with Apple Books app's behavior of constantly deleting books from my phone, so I've finally moved over to Marvin 3.

However. One important thing I do with my ebooks is highlight typos and formatting problems so I can correct them in the original epub files. In the Books app, you can access a single screen for each book's highlights and tap on them one at a time to jump to each one. This is important for figuring out the context of the errors and finding them in sigil. But in Marvin...um, is there a way to jump to the location of each annotation? I didn't realize the journal entries weren't also links.

Am I doomed to page through my books one page at a time to find the highlights?

#2  Turtle91 02-17-2021, 06:20 PM
One of my biggest wishes for Marvin is to be able to edit the book as I read, then download that corrected ePub back to my library...alas...it's not to be...

However, all you need to do is:
- Tap on Contents at the top-left border
- Select Annotations at the bottom-center border

That will give a linkable list of all your highlights!

Cheers,

#3  withbellson 02-17-2021, 08:29 PM
OH THERE. Thank you! There are a lot of hidden little tabs and buttons in Marvin and I hadn't noticed that one yet.

And heck yeah, I would *love* the ability to replace the underlying book and keep the metadata. Now all of the books I update will need to be recategorized and have the metadata fixed again.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register