So ipod 7th generation
Iphone se 1st generation
Iphone se 2020
Other device

#2  John F 11-01-2020, 07:47 AM
Quote ant_gamal

I affraid to go iphone se 1st generation coz of it stopped support but some say
It is ok to have

My iPhone SE (gen 1) says that ios 14.1 is available for install; do you mean future support may be discontinued?

Have your tried simulating the smaller screen size with your tablet? When I would occasionally read on my iPhone SE, I really didn't care for the small screen size for reading fiction.

#3  ant_gamal 11-01-2020, 12:30 PM
Quote John F
My iPhone SE (gen 1) says that ios 14.1 is available for install; do you mean future support may be discontinued?

Have your tried simulating the smaller screen size with your tablet? When I would occasionally read on my iPhone SE, I really didn't care for the small screen size for reading fiction.
it is about replacing parts and battery
not support now as i know

#4  JSWolf 11-01-2020, 12:32 PM
Quote ant_gamal
it is about replacing parts and battery
not support now as i know
Yes you can have the battery replaced with an iPhone. IMHO, an iPhone is better then an iPod. But you do need to get one with enough storage for music and apps.

#5  Tarana 11-01-2020, 12:40 PM
If you don't need the phone part, get the latest Itouch as it is fully supported. 32 gigs is good unless you have a large library to support. In that case, get the next size which is 128gig. The 256 is really not useful unless you are downloading a saving endless movies. My brother bought the 256 gig and even after a year he hasn't managed to fill it and he saves everything. I'd have bought the latest Itouch myself (I have 2 older ones), but the flip phone I had was losing access.

In addition, it seems that even without having phone support, iphone uses power faster than an Itouch. I don't know why. I don't use many apps on my phone or social media, yet I have to charge that thing daily vs. every other day with Itouch.

#6  JSWolf 11-01-2020, 12:44 PM
I would go with the iPhone SE 128GB.

Oh wait, I did.

#7  ant_gamal 11-01-2020, 03:51 PM
Quote Tarana
If you don't need the phone part, get the latest Itouch as it is fully supported. 32 gigs is good unless you have a large library to support. In that case, get the next size which is 128gig. The 256 is really not useful unless you are downloading a saving endless movies. My brother bought the 256 gig and even after a year he hasn't managed to fill it and he saves everything. I'd have bought the latest Itouch myself (I have 2 older ones), but the flip phone I had was losing access.

In addition, it seems that even without having phone support, iphone uses power faster than an Itouch. I don't know why. I don't use many apps on my phone or social media, yet I have to charge that thing daily vs. every other day with Itouch.
phone not important
also use will be reading pdf and listen to music
but some says iphone will be better than ipod in battery
one have ipod 6th generation and iphone se 1st
he mention that ipod battery fall fast when he use wifi

so any idea for improving this point in in 7th generation

on eBay the iPod reach to Egypt around 220 $
iphone se 2020 370 $

so what do you think

#8  tomsem 11-02-2020, 01:47 AM
Battery replacement on iPhone SE (1st gen) is possible and you can get replacement kit for with all the tools you need for about $25.

My wife has one, battery capacity is about 80%, and when iOS 14 first went on, the battery was draining very fast for some reason. I ordered a battery replacement kit, but then I think an update fixed it and so I have yet to install the new battery. It’s about at the limit of what I feel comfortable doing, but it looks pretty straightforward.

I do love how light it feels.

#9  pdurrant 11-02-2020, 03:07 AM
Quote ant_gamal
use will be reading pdf and listen to music
I'm not sure that PDFs will be easy to read on a 4.7" screen.

But between an iPhone and an iPod, I'd say the functional differences for your use will be minimal. Go for the best price/GB, whatever that is.

#10  ilovejedd 11-02-2020, 12:23 PM
If you use a Huawei tablet (Android presumably), you might find yourself frustrated with the limitations of iOS.

iPhones and iPods work really well if you're just streaming or are all-in Apple's ecosystem (Apple Music, iTunes, iCloud, etc). It can be frustrating if, for example, you need to download MP3s from other sources.

$20-50 Android smartphones (e.g. Moto E or Galaxy J series prepaid kits) tend to have bigger battery (ergo longer battery life) than iPhones. They also allow for cheap and easy storage expansion via microSD card.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register