Mobileread
iPad FAQs for iPad with a heavy dose of civility
#11  scottjl 06-16-2010, 10:08 PM
If you have not yet jailbroken your device and have iTunes 9.2 installed already, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO JAILBREAK. Your device will go into an infinite boot loop.

#12  toomanybooks 06-16-2010, 10:27 PM
I have learned that doing a soft reset temporarily solves the problem. I have an appointment at the genius bar tomorrow. Hopefully they can solve it permanently.

#13  pshrynk 06-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote mgmueller
I've got the WiFi only version, but my clock is absolutely accurate. I've got WiFi on almost all the time and browse the web frequently a few times per day; maybe this makes the difference...
Maybe you have not set something in settings. There's a slide out in "general" that says "set automatically". Maybe that needs to be put to yes?

#14  Batman Jr. 06-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote pshrynk
Okay, it has been asked for, so I'm starting it. Post a question, get answers.

Post a flame, get deleted.
Great idea. Thanks!

#15  mjhudston 06-18-2010, 04:53 AM
I have problems using Facebook in Safari on the Ipad. If you look at your or a Friends list of friends, the popup window has no scroll Bar. Does anyone know what the cause is and is there a way around it.

I have also noticed that if you use scroll selectors on Web Forms in Safari, the hight can be very short, making it difficult to see the selections.

#16  mjhudston 06-18-2010, 04:56 AM
For Reading Word Docs I use FilesHD, and for PDF's I use PDF Reader (Both IPAD Apps)

#17  ficbot 06-18-2010, 08:22 AM
I did not know Stanza could do mobi!

Does anyone know of an app where you can load a PDf and draw on top of it? I don't want iAnnotate since that seems to incorporate your 'annotations' into the actual PDF itself as file changes. I just want to be able to draw on top of the PDF and have the PDF remain unaltered underneath it all. That way I can load worksheets onto it and use them when I tutor, but have them remain pristine for future students.

#18  DixieGal 06-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Quote mjhudston
I have problems using Facebook in Safari on the Ipad. If you look at your or a Friends list of friends, the popup window has no scroll Bar. Does anyone know what the cause is and is there a way around it.

I have also noticed that if you use scroll selectors on Web Forms in Safari, the hight can be very short, making it difficult to see the selections.

Try a gentle swipe inside the box with 2 fingers.

OMG! That sounds so dirty!

#19  DixieGal 06-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Here's one that's helpful: In order to enlarge the entire screen, toolbars and all, double tap with 3 fingers. Use 3 fingers to move the screen around to see anything that falls off the edges.

#20  scottjl 06-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Although we're a knowledgeable bunch, some questions might be better directed to Apple's official support forums, especially if it concerns hardware or iOS issues. Here are some handy links:

Apple iPad Support Forum

Apple iPhone Support Forum

Apple iPod Touch Support Forum

Apple iTunes Support Forum

Apple Support Forums

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/11)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register