Mobileread
InkPad 3 - font changes size while loading ebook
#1  Rsf 10-04-2019, 08:59 AM
An annoying behavior-

I am reading an epub using a bigger font than default.

When I turn on the device into the book, after sending the device to sleep, it first appear in the smaller (default ?) font and a small hour glass at the bottom corner. After a while it adjusts itself to the bigger font.

Using latest firmware v.5.20.1010 on an InkPad 3

#2  Lykke 10-05-2019, 04:52 AM
What do you mean by "after a while"? After it has finished loading (the hourglass disappears), or several minutes?

#3  mobama 10-05-2019, 05:12 AM
I suspect "after a while" means: 1. Turn on the device 2. After the splash screen, the book itself appears (if set to boot straight into book in the settings), but the device is unresponsive otherwise 3. As the device becomes responsive after bootup, the book display shifts a bit.

I use the inbuilt reader only for some PDF files, not epubs. For me the bootup effect is that, after the initial display of the PDF page, Pocketbook reconsiders and shows a slightly different section of the page. I remember the same behaviour from Pocketbook Inkpad 2, so I would not say it is a new bug/feature introduced with the latest update.

#4  foreteller 10-06-2019, 04:07 AM
I got Pocketbook HD2 and I see the same issue . So probably it is SW problem. Sometimes font getting changed but when I look to settings there is same height. For example I got set 9 and after restart font is physicaly bigger but font is still 9. I use ussuaely default font. When I change font and then back to default height is as should be.

#5  Rsf 10-07-2019, 03:47 AM
Quote Lykke
What do you mean by "after a while"? After it has finished loading (the hourglass disappears)
That, After the book has finished loading

#6  Lykke 10-07-2019, 04:02 AM
Quote foreteller
I got Pocketbook HD2 and I see the same issue . So probably it is SW problem. Sometimes font getting changed but when I look to settings there is same height. For example I got set 9 and after restart font is physicaly bigger but font is still 9. I use ussuaely default font. When I change font and then back to default height is as should be.
That definitely sounds like a bug that should be reported to Pocketbook.

#7  foreteller 10-08-2019, 01:57 AM
I reported it to Pocketbook.
Solution :
"In this case we recommend to perform internal memory formatting.
Settings - Maintenance - Format Internal Memory.
Please note, when formatting all user files will be deleted.
To save user files you need to copy them on your computer or Micro SD card.

Connect to computer, select PC connect, open Pocketbook folder and copy all user files.
Or open library on your device, select folders, press the necessary file for about 3 seconds and choose File - Move - Back - SD card - Select."

It looks after 1 day solutions helps and everything works well.

#8  Rsf 10-08-2019, 10:19 AM
I don't know if I should be happy or upset.. it's great to have quick and useful support, but that would be the second time I need to reset and restore file on my device (the first was to be added back to PocketBook cloud). Thanks you foreteller

#9  Lykke 10-11-2019, 04:17 AM
Yep, resetting seems to be the usual fix for small bugs like this. And I have also reset my device about 5 times to fix issues, and yeah it should be unnecessary.

#10  a_librarian 10-16-2019, 09:43 AM
I have the same issue with a PB Touch HD3 and formatting internal memory didn't resolve it for me - doesn't happen as much but still occasionally.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register