Mobileread
How do you add an image without it being oversized?
#1  Yorker 09-22-2019, 09:02 PM
I feel silly asking but as the title says how do you do that?
I tried with the tag in a quote of such a post but it gets no thumbnail i.e. [ATTACH]

#2  BetterRed 09-22-2019, 10:49 PM
Click on the paper clip icon in Advanced mode, that will take you to Manage attachments

==>> show attachment »

Browse to the image (s) you want, and click Upload, wait till you see they're uploaded, close the Manage attachments window (link at top right)

==>> show attachment »

Position cursor where you want an image then click the paper click icon and select the attachment from the list

==>> show attachment »

BR

#3  Yorker 09-23-2019, 08:54 AM
Quote BetterRed
Click on the paper clip icon in Advanced mode, that will take you to Manage attachments

==>> show attachment »

Browse to the image (s) you want, and click Upload, wait till you see they're uploaded, close the Manage attachments window (link at top right)

==>> show attachment »

Position cursor where you want an image then click the paper click icon and select the attachment from the list

==>> show attachment »

BR
Thanks
What about images already on this forum i.e. they are already attachments with attachment ID, i can't use the url since it doesn't except it's own server and downloading the image just to upload seems more work than its worth.

#4  BetterRed 09-23-2019, 05:27 PM
Quote Yorker
What about images already on this forum
I think its doable, but I don't know how.

I keep a few reusable images in Control panel->Pictures & albums

BR

#5  Yorker 09-23-2019, 06:28 PM
Quote BetterRed
I think its doable, but I don't know how.

I keep a few reusable images in Control panel->Pictures & albums

BR
Ok np, thank you
What you said so far was good enough but lets see if someone know how to do the other way i asked about.

#6  DiapDealer 09-26-2019, 09:19 AM
Short of (downloading/)uploading as an attachment and inline linking as @BR described, there is no way to resize images (especially existing ones) "on the fly." Mobileread's forum software offers no way to resize displayed images--automatically or manually. You physically resize them yourself with image editing software, or you add an inline link to your post attachments that are too large so they get inserted as thumbnails.

I know of no way to thumbnail images that exist in other Mobileread posts without downloading and attaching to your posts (not to say one doesn't exist). You can link to an attached image from another post with its Mobileread url (using standard img tags), but it's going to be whatever size the original was.

image »

URL for the above image: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...5&d=1512068749

#7  Yorker 09-26-2019, 11:53 AM
Quote DiapDealer
Short of (downloading/)uploading as an attachment and inline linking as @BR described, there is no way to resize images (especially existing ones) "on the fly." Mobileread's forum software offers no way to resize displayed images--automatically or manually. You physically resize them yourself with image editing software, or you add an inline link to your post attachments that are too large so they get inserted as thumbnails.

I know of no way to thumbnail images that exist in other Mobileread posts without downloading and attaching to your posts (not to say one doesn't exist). You can link to an attached image from another post with its Mobileread url (using standard img tags), but it's going to be whatever size the original was.

image »

URL for the above image: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...5&d=1512068749
Thanks, i guess i"ll stick to attaching then

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register