Mobileread
Why I'm not allowed to Private Message??
#1  Logoshb 05-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Hello! I know there are some threads similar to this but I still can't get an explanation for this problem.

I'm very new at MR but I've already my account activated and I've done some posts. I'm really enjoying the place, but for some reason I'm not able to Private Message, I'm looking in my Edit Options to activate them but there's simple no option to do it.

Same thing for the signature, when I tried to edit it it just says that I don't have the privilege to do it.

Please does anybody know what could be happening?

I've attached some captures of what I see...
Signature.png Private Messages.png 

#2  issybird 05-05-2019, 05:44 PM
I don't know the exact number of posts necessary for you to unlock these features, but most likely you haven't reached it yet. I know it's frustrating. A few more posts should do it.

#3  pdurrant 05-05-2019, 05:48 PM
New members are restricted because of spammers. Before this policy, spammers would join and spam via Private Messages which moderators don't see.

#4  Logoshb 05-05-2019, 10:33 PM
Thank you guys, I just sent an email to one of the admins and he was able to "unlock" the private messages for me.

#5  Logoshb 05-06-2019, 01:17 AM
And by the way, if this happens to someone else, I just found the email address in the welcome email you receive when you sign up.

I was posting a lot and doing some interactions, but at the end that was the final solution.

So check you first ever MobileRead email.

#6  BookCat 05-12-2019, 09:08 PM
image »

Hey! This works!

Someone on MR taught me how to do this when I complained about there being no Welcome emoticon.

#7  deniz1 05-16-2019, 07:50 AM
i couldnt send any messages help me pls?

#8  pdurrant 05-16-2019, 08:21 AM
Try it now.

#9  Zero_Ego 05-26-2019, 02:49 AM
Quote pdurrant
Try it now.
Hi pdurrant,

Any chance you could please enable PM for me also?

BTW, I am astonished by the number of books you read. That is purely mind blowing. Wow. That's a gift.

#10  pdurrant 05-26-2019, 04:06 AM
Quote Zero_Ego
Hi pdurrant,

Any chance you could please enable PM for me also?
Done.

Next »  Last »  (1/10)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register