Mobileread
Aluratek
#1  chark 02-04-2017, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone.
I just received an aluretek ereader.My aunt gave it to me.It says the firmware version is 18.Should I update it and if so where would I get this,I went to the aluratek website and its not evan listed anymore.thank you

#2  Ken Maltby 02-04-2017, 11:36 PM
It looks to me like they only got to version 20, so you might just leave the firmware as it is and see if it meets your needs. Mine is on 20i and patch20.

#3  rcentros 08-01-2018, 10:24 AM
Quote Ken Maltby
It looks to me like they only got to version 20, so you might just leave the firmware as it is and see if it meets your needs. Mine is on 20i and patch20.
There's an Aluratek on Shop Goodwill, that I was considering so I could compare it to the jetBook, but I can't find any firmware updates for it and I'm guessing it won't use the Ectaco jetBook software?

#4  Ken Maltby 08-01-2018, 01:57 PM
Quote rcentros
There's an Aluratek on Shop Goodwill, that I was considering so I could compare it to the jetBook, but I can't find any firmware updates for it and I'm guessing it won't use the Ectaco jetBook software?
As I remember it, there were those who swapped the firmware. You would have to search the forum here.

Luck;
Ken

#5  rcentros 08-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Quote Ken Maltby
As I remember it, there were those who swapped the firmware. You would have to search the forum here.
I have done some searching. It looks like you had to switch to the Chinese software, then (maybe) it would work to flash to the Ectaco firmware — "but, be careful." Since there doesn't seem to be any shortage of jetBooks, I think it would probably make more sense to stick with them – since I know the "newest" software is still available for them.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register