Mobileread
Amazon account closed
#11  mccarrsw 03-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote tubemonkey
File a warranty claim with Amazon.
Thanks. I'll check out what I can do there. I'm pretty confident that I have consumer rights on my side regarding the Kindle - especially as technical support already acknowledged the device was faulty and should be replaced.

#12  ApK 03-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote DiapDealer
Until then... this thread will flip-flop between utter disbelief of your plight and adamant belief in Amazon's inherent account-canceling evilness (and everything in between). What this thread won't do, is help you in any practical way. Talk to Amazon. We can only offer moral support or snide remarks.
Wow, that was brilliantly insightful and concise. You just saved me hours of checking back here.

And no, despite how it may sound, I do NOT mean that sarcastically.

I will be curious to hear what happens at the end, so I hope the OP will keep us posted.

(Oh, you can put me down for half a portion of disbelief, two something in-betweens, and two...no...make it one...snide remark.)

#13  MJK2111 03-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote DiapDealer
What do they call whole posts that say the exact same things, only with different words?
Redundant?

#14  DiapDealer 03-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Redundant?
Well, I was looking for something a bit more along the lines of "great minds think alike" or "funny coincidence" since they were posted close enough together that the second was clearly still being typed while the first was being posted.

I was hoping there might be a new word for simultaneous posts that share several (and possibly all) points.

#15  kacir 03-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote mccarrsw
I'm pretty confident that I have consumer rights on my side regarding the Kindle - especially as technical support already acknowledged the device was faulty and should be replaced.
I firmly believe that even if your account is suspended forever [justly or otherwise] you still have your consumer rights and they have to honor your warranty even if they refuse to do further business with you. But, I am spoiled by being from EU where consumers enjoy much better protection.

You could go to your CreditCard issuer and demand your money back. But first document your attempts to resolve the issues with Amazon peacefully. Send an official letter to Amazon demanding an official answer.

Be persistent. Explain that you never had related account or a returned item. Escalate your communication - ask to speak to the supervisor of the person that is communicating with you. Write [registered paper] letter to their headquarters. In the meanwhile try contacting some consumer rights protection organization.

Demand access to your legally purchased e-books. Argue that you clicked on a "buy" button and not on "rent" button when purchasing books.

Do. Not. Give. Up.
They are trying to make impression that your case is hopeless, so you stop bothering them. Prepare for a long fight, or write of your Kindle.

#16  ApK 03-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote kacir
Argue that you clicked on a "buy" button and not on "rent" button when purchasing books.
....or don't, because arguing a meaningless, irrelevant semantic point may only show you're confused and don't understand what you're doing or what you agreed to.

OK, I guess you can deduct my one snide remark now.

ApK

#17  mccarrsw 03-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote ApK
Wow, that was brilliantly insightful and concise. You just saved me hours of checking back here.

And no, despite how it may sound, I do NOT mean that sarcastically.

I will be curious to hear what happens at the end, so I hope the OP will keep us posted.

(Oh, you can put me down for half a portion of disbelief, two something in-betweens, and two...no...make it one...snide remark.)
Having brought my problem to you folks, I will try to update it as things unfold. If they unfold. After everything I've read in the past day, I'm expecting this to become a long, drawn out process.

I don't feel that I should let the matter drop without fighting for my rights. At this point, part of me feels like I no longer want to spend money at Amazon. But at the same time, I've already spent lots of money there over the years, and there are still two Kindles in this household, so it's not a simple solution to just walk away.

(I am also now blocked from Javari, despite being a good customer there too.)

#18  JSWolf 03-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Even if you manage to get Amazon to replace the Kindle and your account is still closed, there is a good chance your Kindle will be blacklisted and thus, useless to buy Kindle eBooks from Amazon.

You have two choices, try to get your Kindle replaced & your account open or just give up on the Kindle and buy a different reader not tied into Amazon.

#19  mccarrsw 03-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote kacir
I firmly believe that even if your account is suspended forever [justly or otherwise] you still have your consumer rights and they have to honor your warranty even if they refuse to do further business with you. But, I am spoiled by being from EU where consumers enjoy much better protection.

You could go to your CreditCard issuer and demand your money back. But first document your attempts to resolve the issues with Amazon peacefully. Send an official letter to Amazon demanding an official answer.

Be persistent. Explain that you never had related account or a returned item. Escalate your communication - ask to speak to the supervisor of the person that is communicating with you. Write [registered paper] letter to their headquarters. In the meanwhile try contacting some consumer rights protection organization.

Demand access to your legally purchased e-books. Argue that you clicked on a "buy" button and not on "rent" button when purchasing books.

Do. Not. Give. Up.
They are trying to make impression that your case is hopeless, so you stop bothering them. Prepare for a long fight, or write of your Kindle.
Thanks. All of these things have crossed my mind. Especially credit card protection.

I will persist with email communications for now. I will scan receipts, send proof of ID or whatever else I can think of until they stop feeding me canned responses and provide me a human response. There is still a concern in my mind that if my account was somehow compromised and/or abused, then my private details could have been at risk. But this is purely speculative until someone actually clarifies what rules were broken and how.

#20  ApK 03-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote mccarrsw
I don't feel that I should let the matter drop without fighting for my rights. At this point, part of me feels like I no longer want to spend money at Amazon. But at the same time, I've already spent lots of money there over the years, and there are still two Kindles in this household, so it's not a simple solution to just walk away.
I hope you don't give up. If you're really in the right here, this becomes an important thread.

It occurs to me you might want to contact the dude from the last thread by PM and ask for the same email address and phone numbers he used.

If his experience makes your situation easier to resolve, that would be the real value of these kinds of threads here.

ApK

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/9)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register