Mobileread
Book Designer Files and how to install — 2007-07-30 version (NEW)
#11  AvidReader 08-01-2007, 02:32 AM
Hi Jon.
I'm trying to install the same program and I can't get past the "class not registered. You need the following file to be installed on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL" message.
I've installed the dll file in the windows/system folder and run the command line that gives me an affirmative, as well as the DhtmlEd.msi file, and still no go?
Any suggestions?
Thank you

Peter

#12  joblack 08-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Bookdesigner doesn´t import pictures and tables. Is that a normal behaviour?

#13  HarryT 08-01-2007, 08:15 AM
Pictures are certainly supported in (at least) GIF, BMP, JPG and PNG formats. Make sure that the pictures are "local" to the document and not remote URLs.

By default, tables get stripped out. There's a check box on the "Settings" page (screwdriver icon) to control this. When you make the book, tables get converted to plain text.

#14  joblack 08-01-2007, 08:25 AM
The problem is if I read PDF files and convert it to lrf the included pictures and tables are gone. With the options I have played around. Nothing has changed ..

#15  HarryT 08-01-2007, 08:50 AM
BD uses an external tool to convert the PDF into (I think) HTML, and it's that tool which is not converting the pictures and tables; I'm not aware of any PDF converter which will give you the pictures. The best you can probably do is to add the pictures back in by hand after conversion.

#16  kovidgoyal 08-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Actually pdftohtml with the -c flag will give you pictures and I believe tables, unfortunately the resulting HTML is not suited for conversion into LRF.

#17  JSWolf 08-02-2007, 12:22 AM
The PDF import for Book Designer loses the graphics. All you get is the plain text. No styles. You could try pdftohtml to get the graphics and then insert the graphics manually. Also pdftohtml will keep the text styles without the -c options.

#18  gingercat 08-03-2007, 12:42 AM
anyone know if there is a later version that 30/5/2007? That version crashes when search and replace is used.

#19  LaughingVulcan 08-04-2007, 02:00 PM
It works on mine.... Perhaps it's something in the settings?

#20  JSWolf 08-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Quote gingercat
anyone know if there is a later version that 30/5/2007? That version crashes when search and replace is used.
How did you install? You download the 4.0 version and then install from the MSI file and then copy over the installed files the update files.

If that is what you've done and it still crashes, turn off everything you have starting when the computer runs. Could be a conflict with something you run.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/25)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register