Mobileread
Sigil-0.9.16 Released
#1  DiapDealer 07-20-2019, 08:10 PM
Sigil-0.9.16

For the impatient, the installer files (and source) can be found as assets at the bottom of the Sigil Github Release page.

The first Official Release of Sigil ported to QtWebEngine to replace QtWebKit. And yes ... Book View is still really gone. But the companion external editing application PageEdit is available for those who still need/want a similar functionality.

New Features

Bug Fixes

Be aware that Sigil-0.9.16 no longer enforces the need for epub3 to have and support an NCX for the purposes of backward compatibility with epub2 reading systems. There are, however, built-in tools to allow users to add backward compatibility features such as the NCX to their epub3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please check the Sigil Wiki for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.

Mac users should still download and install ActiveState's ActiveTcl Community Edition to utilize plugins that use Tk/Tcl GUIs. More here.

The latest Sigil user guide can always be downloaded from its own repository.

#2  odamizu 07-21-2019, 02:27 AM

I especially appreciate the new Epub3 tool to Generate NCX/Guide

And the checkmark in Add Semantics is also nice

#3  patrik 07-21-2019, 05:34 AM
Thanks.

Linux Mint 19.1

qtwebengine-dev not found, installed qtwebengine5-dev.
python3-css-parser not found, seems to work without installing it. (Did pip3 install css-parser after anyway just in case...)

#4  DiapDealer 07-21-2019, 07:39 AM
Quote patrik
qtwebengine-dev not found, installed qtwebengine5-dev.
Thanks, I'll make note of that in the documentation. I rarely know the exact package names these days.
python3-css-parser not found, seems to work without installing it. (Did pip3 install css-parser after anyway just in case...)
It's still include in Sigil's source for, now. But it won't hurt anything to install it with pip. We're going to remove css-parser from the source eventually, so the documentation has apparently gotten a little bit ahead of that eventuality for Linux is all.

#5  Notjohn 07-21-2019, 12:29 PM
>added check mark indicator for current semantic set in AddSemantics dialog

Thank you!

#6  lumpynose 07-21-2019, 04:04 PM
Does sigil open all of the ini files in its config directory? When I installed the new version last night it would open and then silently quit after a moment. I renamed my sigil.ini file in C:\Users\Lumpy\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil to sigil-baj.ini (typo, I had meant sigil-bak.ini) and started it and it worked fine. This morning it was doing the same thing with quitting so then I moved the backup sigil.ini out of that directory and now it's working, hopefully for good and not another temporary thing. I uninstalled the old version first before installing this version.

#7  lumpynose 07-21-2019, 04:05 PM
I do rather like the puzzle piece icons for the plugins; quite fetching!

#8  eschwartz 07-21-2019, 05:06 PM
I've just finished uploading new Sigil and PageEdit packages to the Arch Linux repositories.

#9  KevinH 07-21-2019, 05:43 PM
Corruption on ini files should be a thing of the past unless you have an older version of Sigil running by accident or whatever.

If you are seeing regular ini file corruption issues please make sure that you have completely removed all older versions of Sigil. Especially if Sigil 0.9.11, 0.9.12 which tried to use utf-8 ini file encodings but that is completely broken on Qt.

Hope something here helps.

KevinH

Quote lumpynose
Does sigil open all of the ini files in its config directory? When I installed the new version last night it would open and then silently quit after a moment. I renamed my sigil.ini file in C:\Users\Lumpy\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil to sigil-baj.ini (typo, I had meant sigil-bak.ini) and started it and it worked fine. This morning it was doing the same thing with quitting so then I moved the backup sigil.ini out of that directory and now it's working, hopefully for good and not another temporary thing. I uninstalled the old version first before installing this version.

#10  DiapDealer 07-21-2019, 07:36 PM
Quote eschwartz
I've just finished uploading new Sigil and PageEdit packages to the Arch Linux repositories.
Excellent! Thank you.

And is that a patch-free PKGBUILD I see straight out of the gate for PageEdit?

Next »  Last »  (1/9)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register