Mobileread
Export list of words in spellcheck
#1  elchamaco 07-08-2019, 06:19 AM
It'll be great an export list of words in spellcheck tool.

#2  KevinH 07-08-2019, 07:55 AM
You can already add words to your own wordlist. So what purpose would this serve?
Why would this feature be useful to the majority of users? Please explain.

#3  Doitsu 07-08-2019, 08:06 AM
Quote elchamaco
It'll be great an export list of words in spellcheck tool.
This functionality is already present:

1. Select Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location.
2. Double-click the user_dictionaries folder and create a blank text file, e.g. words.txt.
3. Select Tools > Spellcheck > Spellcheck...
4. Select words.txt under Add To Dictionary:.
5. Highlight all words in the table and click Add To Dictionary:.

#4  elchamaco 07-08-2019, 11:07 AM
Quote Doitsu
This functionality is already present:

1. Select Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location.
2. Double-click the user_dictionaries folder and create a blank text file, e.g. words.txt.
3. Select Tools > Spellcheck > Spellcheck...
4. Select words.txt under Add To Dictionary:.
5. Highlight all words in the table and click Add To Dictionary:.
This serves me

#5  Tex2002ans 07-08-2019, 12:26 PM
Quote KevinH
You can already add words to your own wordlist. So what purpose would this serve?

Why would this feature be useful to the majority of users? Please explain.
Ahh, I thought he meant being able to export a list of words as CSV using Tools > Spellcheck > Spellcheck (F7).

Calibre allows you to do this indirectly if you do Tools > Reports > Words and press the Save button.

Being able to save as CSV is very helpful when wanting to work with outside tools. I sometimes use Calibre's list to be able to manipulate the CSV with LibreOffice Calc.

#6  KevinH 07-08-2019, 12:58 PM
BTW, Calc like excel will parse most text files if delimited in some way (need not be commas and quotes) or if field aligned.

#7  BetterRed 07-08-2019, 07:02 PM
Just a thought - one that's been in my head ever since Kovid developed his editor and this one was bought back to life.

Merge Sigil and Calibre Editor's Reports into a single tool usable from either program via wrapper plugins - bit like DiapDealers' toolbox. It's 'annoying' having to dodge between them to get a report the other one offers - it also opens up the dangers of running two editors against the same source - concurrently.

FTR: 1. Of the differences between the two editors this is only one that 'annoys' me. 2. I put a high value on being able to jump from a Report line into the code, so, I'd wouldn't want lose that in a combined tool.

BR

#8  DiapDealer 07-08-2019, 07:31 PM
That's not likely to happen. Not because of any kind of rivalry or animosity--far from it actually. But because it's just a bad, bad idea. Too much potential for a We-Break-His-App-He-Breaks-Our-App kind of thing. Not to mention the problems with making two separate projects prerequisites for each other. Kovid's got his own system and he moves fast, he's not going to want to take time to check with us before he makes changes to his code that might be being used by Sigil Reports (and vice versa).

Somebody might be able to write a Sigil plugin that utilizes calibre's python modules if they're available (and that's a BIG "might" considering python modules compiled with different versions of python), but it would never be able to interact with Sigil's built-in Reports feature. And it would always be a fragile thing that could break at any moment (through no fault of the plugin dev).

My toolbox works because all of the tools are mine. There's a dependency on calibre's plugin framework, but that's the same for all calibre plugins: calibre plugin/calibre plugin framework ... Sigil plugin/Sigil plugin framework. And ne'er (or at least very unlikely) the twain shall meet.

#9  BetterRed 07-08-2019, 11:12 PM
Quote DiapDealer
That's not likely to happen. <snip>
I never really thought it would, that's why I've never mentioned it

My first thought was something more like BV being replaced by PageEdit, i.e the Report features of both would be replaced by something external (ePubReports) - but I imagine getting from a report line to the matching code might be a challenge - hence my FTR #2.

If Kovid had an Open with in the calibre editor could the PageEdit gadget be used from within it?

BR

#10  elchamaco 07-09-2019, 03:38 AM
Quote Tex2002ans
Ahh, I thought he meant being able to export a list of words as CSV using Tools > Spellcheck > Spellcheck (F7).

Calibre allows you to do this indirectly if you do Tools > Reports > Words and press the Save button.

Being able to save as CSV is very helpful when wanting to work with outside tools. I sometimes use Calibre's list to be able to manipulate the CSV with LibreOffice Calc.
That csv export from reports is something like i was searching, but for the missing words. But playing with the editor of calibre i see it has an option to copy to clipboard all the words from spellcheck and paste them in an excel. This also works for me.

Next »  Last »  (1/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register