Mobileread
New Oasis with warm light
#1  Deskisamess 06-19-2019, 09:45 AM
All New Oasis with Adjustable Warm Light

"Now you can adjust the shade of the screen from white light to a warm amber with the ability to schedule when the light changes for a personalized reading experience. Kindle Oasis also has an adaptive front light that automatically adjusts the brightness of your screen based on lighting conditions."

#2  Dr. Drib 06-19-2019, 10:07 AM
...and that explains the brief sale price of the 'all-older Oasis'.

I'm glad I waited.

#3  Wearever 06-19-2019, 10:36 AM
Quote Dr. Drib
...and that explains the brief sale price of the 'all-older Oasis'.

I'm glad I waited.
It does explain the recent sale on the Oasis.

Congratulations on your awesome recovery Dr. Drib !

#4  Sirtel 06-19-2019, 10:55 AM
Quote Deskisamess
All New Oasis with Adjustable Warm Light

"Now you can adjust the shade of the screen from white light to a warm amber with the ability to schedule when the light changes for a personalized reading experience. Kindle Oasis also has an adaptive front light that automatically adjusts the brightness of your screen based on lighting conditions."
Eh... not really interested. In all the other aspects it's the same as the previous model. I'm not going to cough up 250 bucks only for a fancy frontlight.

#5  Deskisamess 06-19-2019, 11:09 AM
If they would improve the battery life, I'd be interested. I love my 2017 Oasis, but the battery life leaves a lot to be desired.

The "warm" light isn't important to me, certainly not enough to inspire me to open my wallet again at that price.

#6  ElspethB 06-19-2019, 11:32 AM
If my Oasis 2 didn't have the ability to invert black and white, I would probably trade it in for the new one in order to read comfortably at night. As it is, I find the white on black display perfect for reading in a dark room. Nor does it seem to affect my sleep, unlike my phone and tablet before I started using a blue light filter. Still, I'm glad Amazon is finally offering a warm light for those who've been looking for it.

#7  HarryT 06-19-2019, 12:03 PM
Likewise. Good to have it as an option for those who prefer “warm” lighting, but it’s not something I have a need for myself.

#8  binaryhermit 06-19-2019, 12:38 PM
interestingly no model with cellular networking, although the chart they have comparing kindle models says one exists.

So one's probably coming

#9  Deskisamess 06-19-2019, 12:43 PM
Quote binaryhermit
interestingly no model with cellular networking, although the chart they have comparing kindle models says one exists.

So one's probably coming
Someone over on the Amazon forums had a link to the cellular model...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FJ91TLB

#10  DNSB 06-19-2019, 12:48 PM
Quote binaryhermit

So one's probably coming
When I looked at the chart on Amazon.ca, it shows a 32GB model at $430 with WiFi and Cellular, a 32GB model at $360 with WiFi and an 8GB model with WiFi for $330 (all dollar amounts in Cdn dollars). The older version and the current Paperwhite also do not have a "free cellular for a few dollars more" 8GB model.
new_oasis.png 

Next »  Last »  (1/11)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register