Mobileread
Cloud Folder not recognized
#1  lucat 05-31-2019, 06:22 AM
Hello, I recently changed my phone and my cloud service and now I'm unable to use CC because it does not recognize the right calibre folder in the cloud.

My data folder of calibre is ..\GoogleDrive\CALIBRE like you can see in the picture below. Calibre on PC works perfect.

Moderator Notice
Oversized inline image moved to attachment. 600x600 is the forum limit for inline images. Tnx

The problem like you can see in the following picture is that connecting with my phone I see the "CALIBRE" folder but it is not selectable:

I tried to create a new empty library with calibre and Curiously this one is recognized by CC???
On my PC now I have the following situation and still unable to point to the right folder with CC
Any help will be really appreciated.
Thanks in Advance, Luca

Android 9 PKQ1.180904.001
GDrive cloud storage
calibre-gdrive-data-position.png calibre-gdrive-folders.png photo-2019-05-31-11-16-03.jpg 

#2  chaley 05-31-2019, 01:00 PM
If you use a web browser to look at the CALIBRE folder on Drive, is the metadata.db file there with the correct name?

#3  lucat 06-01-2019, 01:40 AM
Quote chaley
If you use a web browser to look at the CALIBRE folder on Drive, is the metadata.db file there with the correct name?
Thanks for your answer,
Using Browser I can see the right files:

image »

To the moderator: sorry for the oversized images in the first post

#4  DoctorOhh 06-02-2019, 11:48 PM
Quote lucat
Thanks for your answer,
Using Browser I can see the right files:
According to that image you are still looking at the local drive C:\ via the browser. We want you to go to the web and find the directory on GDrive on the web and see if the metadata.db file is there with exactly that name.

#5  lucat 06-03-2019, 01:09 AM
Quote DoctorOhh
According to that image you are still looking at the local drive C:\ via the browser. We want you to go to the web and find the directory on GDrive on the web and see if the metadata.db file is there with exactly that name.
Hello, the file name on web is the same and correct one: "metadata.db"
This is the screenshot:
https://ibb.co/brN6vfH

#6  theducks 06-03-2019, 09:53 AM
Quote lucat
Hello, the file name on web is the same and correct one: "metadata.db"
This is the screenshot:
https://ibb.co/brN6vfH
2MB
There is hardly anything really there in that Library. (330K seems to be an default-empty library, db)
If that was a functional Library FOLDER, in addition to those 2 files, you should also see Author folders

#7  chaley 06-03-2019, 02:06 PM
The metadata.db file was created on 30 may. Did you make a new copy of your library at that time? It can take a long time to copy a large folder tree.

Have you tried it again? It is possible that the sync to the cloud hadn't finished when you first tried.

#8  lucat 06-05-2019, 05:43 AM
Hi to all.

I solved the problem doing the following steps:

1) export from calibre the old library that was not recognized
2) import into a new folder
3) delete the old folder

I can't understand where was the problem but... Now it works fine :-)

#9  lucat 06-11-2019, 09:56 AM
Quote lucat
Hi to all.

I solved the problem doing the following steps:

1) export from calibre the old library that was not recognized
2) import into a new folder
3) delete the old folder

I can't understand where was the problem but... Now it works fine :-)
OPS, DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE
I can't believi it.
After I added some books to the library I tryed to reconnect and the problem comes back.
I have to say that using dropbox I never had any problem for 3 years. I was needing more space and GDrive seems to me a perfect solution but...

Is someone using GDrive with Calibre Companion?
If yes did you have any problem?
If yes how did you solve it?

#10  theducks 06-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Google Drive is not compatible with Calibre. I suspect the same issue would affect cloud drive.
(Calibre uses the index number, {id}, inside parenthesis. GD also uses those for version control, thus breaking calibre(DB) linkages to folders and files

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register