Mobileread
[Device Plugin] Kobo Touch Extended Driver
#11  davidfor 04-22-2013, 09:31 AM
Quote bookwurm70
Thanks! I disabled the other Kobo plugins. Now all I need is for my Aura to arrive and I'm ready to side load!
Sorry, you aren't ready. The drivers don't support the Aura HD yet. The next calibre release should include the changes needed.

#12  jgoguen 04-22-2013, 09:47 AM
This plugin explicitly only supports the Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, and Kobo Mini. I don't have an Aura to test with so any updates to my plugin will have to be done by someone else with an Aura, or someone will have to send me an Aura.

EDIT: And by "explicitly only supports", I mean that this plugin will completely fail to recognize any other devices. Once the mainline Kobo driver includes Aura support, you will have to use the mainline driver and not my plugin to use calibre to send books over.

#13  Moonraker 04-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Thank you for these instructions. I have now got it to work.

I am very pleased that the problematic fonts (Nickel etc) are now working as they should and not showing italics as regular bold.

I am also pleased that my own installed fonts are showing their true weight instead of appearing anaemic and thin. The Advanced option is not available but it's no matter because my own fonts display their weight and I can still adjust font-size, line spaces and margins.

I'm not sure about the page numbers only showing number of pages left in a chapter but I can live with this because of the other advantages. I love that the title of the book is displayed in the header.

So one very happy customer here, Thank you.

#14  Mingyar 04-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Hello jgoguen,

Does the plugin work with the new kobo driver of Calibre 0.9.28 ?

What's new for 0.9.28 :
Kobo driver: Add support for the new Kobo Aura HD and firmware version 2.5.0

Thanks

#15  Canuck_in_Japan 04-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote jgoguen
[*]It is recommended that you disable the built-in Kobo drivers while this plugin is installed. On rare occasions, calibre may select the built-in driver instead of this plugin.
Thank you for this. I see looking at Calibre, I have Kobo Reader Device Interface and KoboTouch plugins. Should I be disabling both of those?

#16  Leonatus 04-26-2013, 10:12 AM
@Mingyar
I tested it already with the Kobo Touch Fw. 2.5.0 under the actual Calibre version and it worked.
It shows features that I have a long time been looking for, and so I have really been grateful to jgoguen for developping it. Alas, it at the same time battered down the toc as well as the bookmark features. Those are no go terms, keeping in mind that under the 2.4.x firmware we had to suffer an issue at least in respect of the last mentioned function.
Really sad.

#17  davidfor 04-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Quote Canuck_in_Japan
Thank you for this. I see looking at Calibre, I have Kobo Reader Device Interface and KoboTouch plugins. Should I be disabling both of those?
You only need to disable the KoboTouch plugin. The idea is to prevent having two plugins active that handle the same devices.

#18  RZetlin 04-26-2013, 02:58 PM
The new release of calibre 0.92.8 doesn't seem to work with the Kobo Extended Driver.

Any books I sideload through calibre is copied as a normal epub not a kobo epub file.

I already try and disable the existing Kobo plugins (Kobo Reader Device Interface 2.0.8) and KoboTouch (2.0.8) and it doesn't work.

-----------------------

Update: It seem to work now after I close and reopen the calibre program.

#19  jgoguen 04-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote Mingyar
Hello jgoguen,

Does the plugin work with the new kobo driver of Calibre 0.9.28 ?

What's new for 0.9.28 :
Kobo driver: Add support for the new Kobo Aura HD and firmware version 2.5.0

Thanks
Currently untested, I've had computer problems over the last week and haven't been able to give it a try. Windows decided it suddenly didn't feel like booting, so I've had to reinstall completely and run updates, which can take quite a while. I took the extra time to install Linux (developing on Windows is horrible!) and I'm probably another day from being ready to take a look at the code.

This plugin will not work with the Aura HD, if you want to use the Aura HD (as far as I'm aware, which is admittedly very poorly informed) you will need to leave the KoboTouch driver enabled. I don't have an Aura to test with, nor will I be purchasing one in the foreseeable future. Anyone who's interested in Aura support and has Python experience could add the Aura as a recognized device and see what needs to change and submit patches, or anyone with a lot of extra money sitting around can donate an Aura.

Quote Canuck_in_Japan
Yes, unless you also want to use the Aura, in which case as I mentioned above in this post I think you should leave KoboTouch enabled.

#20  PeterT 04-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Remember that the Aura is the same as the other Kobo eReader devices; same database, same firmware (different home screen). Only real difference is the USB ID.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/195)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register