Mobileread
[GUI Plugin] Generate Cover
#631  theducks 05-07-2019, 05:23 AM
Quote BetterRed
I can see Cooper Black in Generate Cover, I don't think there is a plain Cooper

show attachment »

I haven't added any fonts in decades, so it must be part of win 10 furniture, have a look at Control Panel fonts to see if its hidden or something. Here it is showing between Constantia and Copperplate Gothic

BR
Interesting, I don't have it on W10 Pro. I wonder if it is part of OFFICE installs (I don't have that).

#632  BetterRed 05-07-2019, 06:08 AM
Quote theducks
Interesting, I don't have it on W10 Pro. I wonder if it is part of OFFICE installs (I don't have that).
Possibly, my Cooper Black is in the Windows\Fonts folder - FWIW I have 189 fonts in there - none of which were added specifically, i.e. they all came via 'something'

BR

#633  theducks 05-07-2019, 10:27 AM
Quote BetterRed
Possibly, my Cooper Black is in the Windows\Fonts folder - FWIW I have 189 fonts in there - none of which were added specifically, i.e. they all came via 'something'

BR
Just checked my wife's W10 Home, cooper and copperplate are on that one.
M$, go figure

#634  BetterRed 05-07-2019, 05:06 PM
Could be a factor of whether Win10 came via an upgrade from Win7 or a new install, mine is new install. Doesn't explain why DawnB2 can't see it in GC but can see it elsewhere.

BR

#635  ilovejedd 05-07-2019, 06:33 PM
Perhaps Calibre keeps a font cache and file permissions are preventing it from being updated? I'm aware of GC not being able to use different font weights but I think this is the first time I've heard of it not seeing completely different fonts.

#636  dwig 05-09-2019, 10:23 PM
Quote BetterRed
I can see Cooper Black in Generate Cover, I don't think there is a plain Cooper
There is such a thing. The original designer, Oswald Bruce Cooper, designed a reasonably complete set as Cooper Old Style, originally, which was later named just Cooper. He derived Cooper Black from the original set for use as a large display font. He also designed several other font families, which generally incorporate his name.

I have quite a hodge-podge collection of fonts from a wide range of sources. The only "Cooper" fonts on the device I'm using right now are Cooper Black and Cooper Black Italic. These came from Adobe and oddly are listed in Win10's Settings>Personalization>Fonts as being "Cooper Std". I have the Cooper Old Style family somewhere, but it's not installed on this system so I can't check the naming. Of the Cooper fonts on this Win10 system, only the black shows, as "Cooper Std Black", in GC and the italic variant is not listed.

#637  DawnB2 05-10-2019, 12:54 AM
The system is brand new & has oem Win 10 Pro. The font is already installed in Windows (that's the first thing I checked).

I was able to fix the problem by adding the front in the edit metadata/generate cover section. Once I added the font family in the calibre generate cover settings the plugin version is now able to see the Cooper fonts ( I have both Cooper Black and Cooper Black Italic).

Not sure why the main calibre program saw the font & the built-in generate cover didn't. I'm just glad adding the font to the built-in version also added it to the plugin version.

#638  madame_newbie 06-02-2019, 05:39 PM
Quote DawnB2
The system is brand new & has oem Win 10 Pro. The font is already installed in Windows (that's the first thing I checked).

I was able to fix the problem by adding the front in the edit metadata/generate cover section. Once I added the font family in the calibre generate cover settings the plugin version is now able to see the Cooper fonts ( I have both Cooper Black and Cooper Black Italic).

Not sure why the main calibre program saw the font & the built-in generate cover didn't. I'm just glad adding the font to the built-in version also added it to the plugin version.
Yup, I have the same problem too. Am not sure why the calibre system acknowledges the added fonts but not the Generate Cover plug-in. The odd thing is it's very...random, some new fonts I added will be acknowledged but some will not.

#639  worstje 06-16-2019, 06:59 AM
I ran into a bug while using this. The image can end up not being properly centered if fitting to the available space and using an image border.

To fix it, include:

Code
 lwidth, lheight = logo.size # add_border() changes dimensions
after line 231. The relevant snippet of code should now look as follows:

Code
 if not is_background_image and display_image and available[1] > 40: logo = Image() logo.open(image_path) lwidth, lheight = logo.size available = (available[0] - image_border_width * 2, available[1] - image_border_width * 2) scaled, lwidth, lheight = fit_image(lwidth, lheight, *available) if not scaled and options.get(cfg.KEY_RESIZE_IMAGE_TO_FIT, False): scaled, lwidth, lheight = scaleup_image( lwidth, lheight, *available) if scaled: logo.size = (lwidth, lheight) if image_border_width > 0: logo = add_border(logo, image_border_width, border_color, bgcolor) lwidth, lheight = logo.size # add_border() changes dimensions left = int(max(0, (width - lwidth) / 2.)) top = top + image_mgn + ((available[1] - lheight) / 2.) canvas.compose(logo, int(left), int(top))
Note: I am not sure if this is the ideal fix. (I think that it might just subtly breaks the logic of the available space and exceeds it? The logic confuses me!) I just know it fixes it well enough for me in practice given that there's always plenty of padding and margins all around on my covers.

A sincere thank you goes out to whoever maintains this plugin nowadays.

#640  mjart 08-10-2019, 02:45 AM
I was using your plugin for a couple of weeks and then when trying to upload an image from desktop (the velveteen Rabbit, of all things) I got the error message,

ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:left and/or top out of bounds,

I don't read or speak python, so I just went on to the next cover, however, now no matter what I do I get this error message. I closed down calibre and then restarted the program, (layman's quick fix) but the error message didn't go away, so then i uninstalled the program and reinstalled it (another layman's quick fix) still got the same error message and it won't let me get past it. I probaby wasn't using the pugin to its full extent, did most of my cover art in photoshop and then uploaded it from desktop.

What did I do wrong, and how do I fix it? Miss having your plugin, my daughters medical books have boring covers, enjoy redoing the covers (giggle).

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (64/65)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register