Mobileread
Kobo future firmware feature request thread
#1861  MGlitch 08-25-2020, 02:44 PM
Quote JAC70
Mine doesn't, unless I've done something wrong. The KoboTouchExtended plugin seems to be exporting kepub.epub files as ordered, but a freeze and reboot always takes me back to where I started, not where it froze.
That sounds like a database issue or SD card corruption.

Easiest fix for database corruption is signing out and back in to your kobo. It should then recreate the database.

#1862  Skydog 08-25-2020, 06:40 PM
Deleted. [Unintentional duplicate]

#1863  Skydog 08-25-2020, 06:41 PM
Quote ready2read
I would like the ability to bold side loaded fonts. For example the stock font Georgia has an Advanced feature. This is what I would like to see added for the side loaded fonts.
Bold side-loaded fonts???

Do you mean increase the font weight? This (Advanced) is already available with a patch.

#1864  ecognito 08-31-2020, 07:16 AM
Double-click the power button to turn the back-light on dimly (e.g., 2%) if it is off.

I normally read with a lamp on, and so don't use the back-lighting on my Libra. However if I wake up in the middle of the night and want to read, I don't want to turn the lamp on and disturb my partner.

It is almost impossible to try to turn the back-lighting on in the dark via the touch screen. If you could double-click or otherwise manipulation the physical power button to jog the back-light up to 1 or 2%, that is enough for you to see the touch screen well enough to take it from there.

#1865  twowheels 08-31-2020, 04:36 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I would really appreciate a full screen refresh when first opening a book and waking up -- with the default setting of refresh once per chapter, it can be a while before the ghosting from the cover image goes away.

EDIT: I know how to force a refresh by opening the menus, but shouldn't have to do it manually.

#1866  JAC70 09-11-2020, 02:22 PM
Quote MGlitch
That sounds like a database issue or SD card corruption.

Easiest fix for database corruption is signing out and back in to your kobo. It should then recreate the database.
Did that, but it still loses kepub page number after a freeze. Double-checked database, and it's ok.

#1867  gtriever 10-02-2020, 12:05 PM
An odd request, but I'd like to see a way to adjust the screen color (blue light to orange light) with a minimum/maximum auto setting. For some reason, the "pure blue" lighting hurts my eyes, and I end up having to turn the Auto setting off, adjust the amount of orange, and then go back in the evening and reset it to Auto.

Also, I'd like to see a way to move books from one collection to another: [Select Book] [Move to]

#1868  Rev. Bob 10-03-2020, 07:45 PM
Quote gtriever
Also, I'd like to see a way to move books from one collection to another: [Select Book] [Move to]
Collections don't work like that. They're not actual entities or locations, just tags that get added to books. Your request amounts to saying "move this book out of Fiction and into Mystery."

Just select the book, tag it out of one collection (if you wish) and tag it into another.

#1869  Dr. Drib 10-09-2020, 08:59 AM
I wish the Kobo was more like the Kindle.

GOTHCHA! Just wanted to wake this morning's sleepy (or grumpy) heads.

Seriously: I wish my two Kobo readers had a sort of deactive screen touch, so I could hold my readers in any fashion that I wanted to. A button could be used to turn this feature on or off. On any Kobo without a button, perhaps some 'unobtrusive' area of the screen could be designated a 'hot spot' to enable the turning on-or-off of such a feature.

#1870  DNSB 10-09-2020, 12:45 PM
Quote Dr. Drib
I wish the Kobo was more like the Kindle.

GOTHCHA! Just wanted to wake this morning's sleepy (or grumpy) heads.

Seriously: I wish my two Kobo readers had a sort of deactive screen touch, so I could hold my readers in any fashion that I wanted to. A button could be used to turn this feature on or off. On any Kobo without a button, perhaps some 'unobtrusive' area of the screen could be designated a 'hot spot' to enable the turning on-or-off of such a feature.
What? And give up all those features that I like on my Kobo?

Yes, there are features from both that I would like to see in a single device. The chances of that are somewhere between slim and none.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (187/190)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register